Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Gusto is looking for a Communications Lead to craft meaningful stories that we tell externally and internally. You’ll work with stakeholders across the company to craft ideas and insights that drive conversations with journalists, thought leaders, influencers, customers, and our employees. You relish the opportunity to use your voice to advocate on behalf of others, and share our passion to raise awareness for the importance of small business in America and empowering entrepreneurs. You’re excited about having pride of authorship to build programs from scratch and enjoy having end-to-end ownership of your work.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Establish and maintain relationships with journalists and other influencers, including business, technology, and culture-focused press.
- Create corporate thought-leadership platforms across a wide range of key issues, including development of points of view, targeted media outreach, and campaign development.
- Drive development of executive communications, including contributed content and presentations.
- Build and create awareness for Gusto’s employer brand, and develop our voice on key issues affecting employees.
- Coordinate across the organization on strategic communications and reactive messaging; provide message guidance and resources for cross-team use.
- Develop systems and approaches for measuring performance of communications programs.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of in-house or agency experience in corporate communications or public relations.
- You always have your finger on the pulse of trends today, and you’re constantly searching and thinking about shaping the trends of tomorrow.
- You’re a trusted counselor and advisor to stakeholders across the company.
- Resourceful, highly curious, and relentless in pursuit of bringing compelling stories to life.
- Have a special knack for concepting and telling stories in a clear, intriguing, and effective way. And you’re able to see what’s not necessarily obvious to everyone else.
- Ability to build and own complex programs that involve multiple business partners in a high-growth organization.
- Excellent relationships with business, technology, broadcast, and culture reporters.
- BA/BS degree (master's degree is a plus)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.