Product Insights & Operations: Product Operations Team
Gusto was built to partner with small businesses to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making the most complicated business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining payroll, benefits and HR for modern companies. Our nationwide reach means we get to make a direct impact on the businesses and their teams in ways no other company can.
Looking for an opportunity to transform a business? Gusto is looking for a strategic-minded, customer-focused rockstar to champion product quality in an extremely fast paced, hyper growth environment. This team proactively monitors product health and quality based on data gathered from multiple sources, prioritizes issues, and works directly with CX, Sales, Engineering, and Product Management teams to implement tactical and strategic changes to deliver the best member experience possible. This team is the last stop before engineering, so the most complex issues not resolved through other support channels are escalated here to be investigated, triaged, and resolved.
Our Product Insights & Operations team delivers insights, strategy, and operations to unite our technology and service teams and wow customers across the customer journey. You will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders across Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Experience in helping us continue to craft and build best-in-class experiences for our customers.
Working together with our Product Operations team lead and leadership from other business areas you will help drive priority initiatives; build a robust, clean cadence and operating rhythm with Biz and Product teams; help craft the right flying formation between our business and product teams -- everything a fast growing company needs to thrive. If you have the right combination of technical skill, business acumen, and leadership ability and are interested in helping us to empower Gusto to perfect the customer experience, we’re looking for you.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead and support cross-functional projects across Insights & Operations, Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience teams
- Hypothesis-driven problem solving to drive our business
- Develop and manage project plans for cross-functional initiatives
- Provide business insights and recommendations based on data that will drive our strategy
- Build and implement scalable processes
- Get your hands dirty and troubleshoot any issue that arises. Fill key openings and gaps
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- BA/BS degree
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in operating roles at growing startups, biz ops roles, product operations, project/program management, and/or consulting with “classical” business problem solving training
- Proven process improvement experience and love making things more efficient
- Strong results-orientation and direct experience in utilizing data to identify critical trends and make/influence critical decisions
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to pull data directly, analyze large data sets, and identify business insights from data.
- Experience using business case assessment and operations tools including sensitivity analysis, risk benefit analysis, optimization, and statistical control charts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complex subjects to a both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels.
- Deep empathy and obsession for our small business customers
- Grit, hustle, and fire for making things right ⇒ no one will outwork you
- Executive presence and ability to influence senior leaders
- Stakeholder and project management mastery
- A deep passion for helping others
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.