Build and Release Engineering
Product Infrastructure builds our continuous integration, artifact building, and deployment mechanisms. We support Gusto engineers at every step of the software lifecycle.
You’ll work on (and learn) static analysis and linting, automated test suite management, online database migration, deployment, monitoring, and anything else your team builds for product developers.
Shared Product Services
Every product team needs to read user data, send emails, and perform other core product operations. The Product Infrastructure team creates Gusto-specific product components that are shared across all products. We extract and refactor the things every product engineer needs and we offer them behind a usable API in highly-available services. We’re just starting this work so you can make a huge impact.
At Gusto we believe security is accomplished by keeping things simple. The secure way for an employee to do their work should also be the most convenient. Product Infrastructure makes tools that protect the personal data of 100,000+ small businesses and their employees.
Here’s what you’ll do (and we’ll support you so you’re great at it):
- Ensure our services communicate with each other seamlessly, have minimal downtime, and recover quickly.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team on coming up with best practices for writing, maintaining and running reliable services.
- Improve our infrastructure setup and deployment strategies.
- Impact the productivity and happiness of our entire team with the tools you build. You'll be the daily recipient of hugs and high-fives from our engineering and support teams.
- Collaborate with the tools development team to improve our deploy pipeline.
- Pager-duty rotation: Never fear! Most issues occur during work hours.
- Work with our product engineering teams to ensure high performance of our services.
You'll know you're a good fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in a Platform or SRE role using a Ruby/Chef/AWS stack or similar technologies
- Experience developing best practices to build out and maintain secure infrastructure, CI systems, service oriented applications, and more
- Enjoys working and deploying technologies such as Chef, AWS, Ruby, Rails, MySql, and Redis
- Loves building tools enabling engineers to move faster, while maintaining security
- Understands the importance of security and compliance when working with personal data
- Tests infrastructure changes thoroughly and like to double and triple check everything
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.