We’re looking for a hungry, talented designer to help us change the way people think about payroll and getting paid.
Are you a creative Product Designer with an entrepreneurial spirit? We need your help developing Gusto’s core product area: a payroll platform that helps small business owners pay their teams and helps employees track time and get paid for their hard work! Gusto Payroll is used by every single one of our 60k+ customers and responsible for the bulk of our revenue. We are off to a great start with over 1% of the US market, but there’s so much room to improve as we reimagine payroll and paydays for every small and medium sized business.
As part of Gusto’s Payroll Design Team, you’ll be responsible for building beautiful user experiences that aim to simplify and celebrate the way employees get paid for their hard work. You’ll work closely with a talented team to create products that our customers will love and you’ll set a new bar for the industry. Our ideal candidate has visual and interaction design experience and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you have a passion for building impactful products and think there’s a better way to get paid than what’s currently out there, then let’s talk.
Here's what you'll do day-to-day:
- Work closely with Engineering, Design and Product Management to build experiences that keep our customers highly engaged, fully informed, and constantly delighted
- Own end-to-end design projects from ideation, research to pixel-perfect execution for new and existing product lines
- Contribute to product strategy and roadmaps through customer research and design explorations
- Organize and run cross-team collaboration events and workshops
- Bring empathy, enthusiasm, and motivation to every interaction
- Have 6-8 years of experience in software product design for a complex product
- Obsess about the details and produce high quality visual and interaction design
- Have shipped and iterated on consumer experiences
- Have owned product design end-to-end for multiple successful products at scale
- Are organized and consistently advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Care deeply about user-centric design
- Are an excellent communicator and influencer who can work well with various groups and levels of the organization
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality
- Have a humble spirit
- Have genuine empathy for small business owners and employees and a deep desire to improve their lives
- Ideally, you have experience in the zero-to-one early phase if a product (nice to have)
- Have FinTech experience (nice to have)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.