At Gusto, we serve over 60,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software suite, which allows them to move faster and gives them peace of mind about back-office tasks in their business. We’re looking for a program manager for our Security team at Gusto. As an integral part of the team, you will help manage our security programs across engineering and product teams, helping us build tools and coordinating company-wide security efforts. If you’re interested in building secure software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
Gusto processes billions of dollars in payroll for hundreds of thousands of employees. Additionally, our clients trust us with a huge amount of personally identifiable information (PII) and protected health information (PHI). Our customers put a lot of trust in us to be good stewards of this information. As a result, protecting our clients’ PII and PHI is one of the top considerations in anything we do at Gusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Responsible for project management of a range of risk, compliance, operations, threat, and application security efforts, including our SOC2 program
- Responsible for oversight of several security programs: vulnerability management, external bug bounty, and internal security training.
- Assist security leadership in driving new product and security initiatives, taking full ownership of project management from end-to-end
- Identify and manage program dependencies and risks across new product efforts as well as the security of existing products
- Collaborate cross-functionally to translate security requirements for product and engineering teams
- Work with key stakeholders across the company to ensure successful security deliverables
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of program management in a technical discipline (note: security-specific experience is NOT required)
- Knowledgeable in program and project management techniques, with a proven history of executing programs and projects with technical stakeholders (ideally software engineering teams)
- Strategic thinker with a strong focus on customer needs (ideally you’ve worked on a customer-facing product before)
- Strong cross-functional team program management abilities, including managing multiple assessments concurrently with different stakeholders and timelines
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.