Gusto is creating a world where work empowers a better life. Our journey started six short years ago as a quest to simplify the tedium of payroll, freeing up small business owners to spend more time focused on employees and customers. Today, we’ve expanded beyond payroll to bring the same simplicity to benefits administration and employee engagement. We’re proud to count 60k+ customers amongst our community, and are just getting started.
We’re looking for a strategic, data-obsessed, senior-level customer marketing lead to engage our customers throughout their lifecycle with Gusto. You’ll ensure the right messages are reaching the right customers in the right channels to maximize customer value, drive growth, and increase retention. You’ll balance strategic thinking with tactical execution by bringing to the role prior experience managing owned marketing channels and a deep understanding of key levers to influence customer behavior and move metrics. Working cross-functionally with the product, sales, and customer experience teams, you’ll bring new, high-impact programs to life and measure and report out on results. The ideal candidate will have prior management experience to mentor and help uplevel our current team.
If you are a strategic customer advocate with a product mindset and ambition to accelerate a company on a mission to serve and to grow, we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do day-to-day:
- Own the customer journey by mapping and prioritizing all touchpoints. You’ll create and manage a roadmap that drives improvement across customer lifecycle.
- Implement a test-and-learn approach to introduce customer lifecycle programs that amplifies performance across activation, engagement, retention, loyalty, and referral.
- Create content that drives results, including email content, customer case studies, videos, and other advocacy collateral.
- Collaborate with product managers, product marketers, and content marketers to create a strategy for ongoing customer communications including newsletters, product updates, in-app notifications, and transactional emails.
- Prioritize initiatives by LTV, ROI, and business impact. Use strong analytical and quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions.
- Establish metrics and reporting cadence that keeps key stakeholders in the know. Provide recommendations for adjusting customer interactions and inform product initiatives.
- Bring to life new ideas that optimize segmentation and targeting efforts--and leverage methodical, rapid experimentation plans.
- Manage a team of 1-2
What we’re looking for:
- You have 7+ years of marketing experience in a mix of B2B and B2C environments, preferably high-velocity SMB environment, 3+ years in a customer marketing role
- Strong creative and copywriting skills
- Ability to set strategy and execute tactics
- Demonstrated ability to create omnichannel marketing programs that deliver on goals
- Experience with marketing automation software and CRM, Marketo and Salesforce a plus
- You have managed 1-3 people previously
- A wildly curious person who uses a variety of qualitative and quantitative tactics to understand everything there is to know about the customer journey
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated usage of the scientific method
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including editing others’ work and coaching others’ presentations
- Experience with Customer Advisory Boards and in-person events a plus
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, list management, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
- BA/BS degree (master’s degree is a plus)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.