Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for the Product & Engineering team at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance, BizOps & Strategy (FBOS) team at Gusto based in San Francisco! At Gusto, we serve over 60,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software platform, affording them peace of mind with these complicated tasks while saving time and helping them create great places to work.
The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to ‘define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.’
In this high impact, high responsibility role, you will lead the FBOS team’s partnership with the Engineering, Product & Design (EPD) team and serve as the primary coverage partner to Gusto’s Chief Product Officer, Chief Technology Officer, Chief Security Officer, Head of Product Design and other EPD leaders. At the same time, you won’t be afraid to dive directly into the data and form your own analytical perspective on strategic and operational decisions.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Planning & Performance Management. Work with senior executives across EPD to plan and measure how resources are deployed. Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives.
Product Investments. Help guide Gusto's product direction with research, business modeling and decision analysis on product expansion, strategic pricing and other high priority projects. This will involve synthesizing data from various sources, understanding how the business/product levers work and sharing key takeaways to product leaders and other cross-functional partners.
Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 10+ years of relevant work experience including 4+ years of operational finance & strategy work in SaaS, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.). Investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity experience is a plus.
- Technical skills. You’re an excel ninja with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- Soft skills. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-provider mentality.
- Leadership. You will build a team of EPD FBOS partners over time, and have the ability to empower individual contributors and unleash their potential.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto. Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.