Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for the Product & Engineering team at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance, BizOps & Strategy (FBOS) team at Gusto based in San Francisco! At Gusto, we serve over 60,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software platform, affording them peace of mind with these complicated tasks while saving time and helping them create great places to work.
The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to ‘define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.’
As part of this team, you will help support planning, resource allocation and operations broadly across the Product & Engineering org in this high impact, high responsibility role. You’ll gain experience conducting market research, building financial plans, being a thought partner to operators and supporting the product portfolio, both current and future.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Budgeting. Build and maintain departmental budgets across all Product & Engineering teams, including cross-functional coordination of headcount planning efforts.
- Business Analytics. Conduct research, analysis and business modeling to help Product Managers make financially sound, operationally efficient product development decisions that thoughtfully weigh opportunities and risks.
- Performance Management. Help continuously improve reporting frameworks and define/track the right KPI to drive better product management decisions with data-informed insights.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 5+ years of relevant work experience in investment banking, consulting, and/or private equity / growth equity, with operational SaaS experience a major plus, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.)
- Technical skills. You’re an excel ninja with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You have impactful data visualization skills in Tableau, Looker or other BI tools. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape.
- Discipline & Attitude. You have impressive time management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks with multiple stakeholders while hitting deadlines on time sensitive projects. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-oriented mentality.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.