Gusto is seeking an experienced University Recruiter to help us scale! At Gusto, people are the foundation, and we strongly believe that attracting and hiring world-class talent is core to our success. As a key member of the Invite Team, you will heavily impact Gusto’s hiring strategy, coach hiring managers and interview teams, all while hiring amazing Gusties along the way!
The ideal candidate has a proven track record recruiting university talent in a Fortune 500 and/or high growth startup environment and is eager to take on the challenge of rapidly growing our company. From generating pipeline to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, you make the candidate experience delightful and manage it from end to end. By leveraging your knowledge of our hiring needs and search requirements, you effectively match candidates with the roles where they can do the best work of their lives #WithGusto.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with hiring teams to understand their organizational goals and drive a customized, yet cohesive, hiring plan to achieve those objectives
- Create unique strategies to identify, attract, and engage with the best talent, from branding and events on campus to sourcing and referrals
- Execute full-cycle recruitment process for multiple Technical teams for both FTE and Intern program initiatives
- Leverage recruiting knowledge, past recruitment results, and competitive market intelligence to drive strategies and influence key internal stakeholders on recruitment activities and programs
- Build processes that will help the recruitment team scale its efforts for years to come
- Proactively contribute to improving Recruiting at Gusto by challenging the status quo and providing useful suggestions for improvement
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruiting experience, in a high-growth tech environment
- Experience coaching hiring managers and being an expert "Sherpa" to them throughout the recruiting process and as we build out new initiatives
- Willingness to step outside of comfort zone and try new methodologies and approaches in the spirit of experimentation and innovation
- Ability to qualify a candidate and understand what each candidate brings to the table, as well as connect that candidate with the right opportunity at Gusto
- Ability to connect and effectively communicate with people of all levels
- Problem-solving and event-planning skills
- Passion to find and connect with the best talent for Gusto
- You’re at your best in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Proficient skills in various technologies (e.g., Slack, Greenhouse, G Suite)
- Job requires travel and extended working hours during busy seasons
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.