Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 100,000 businesses nationwide.
Our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software suite allows small businesses to move faster and gives them peace of mind about back-office tasks in their business. Our Product Engineering teams build this suite of software, each focused on a different slice of the pie: Payroll, Benefits, and HR.
We’re hiring engineers to join these teams and work on customer-facing products, developing features and iterating across our platform to help define the customer journey at Gusto. Our main goal in these teams is to keep our customers happy and to deliver a consistently great experience across all of our products.
We’re looking for talented and motivated engineers with 4+ years of experience. Our engineers own projects from end-to-end by influencing initial feature specs, building backend APIs, writing frontend code, and overseeing ongoing improvements for deployed features. If you’re interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy, join us!
Here’s what you’ll do day to day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, and refine Gusto’s product suite
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack and contribute daily to all parts of our product code base
- Collaborate with our product management and design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch daily
- Build a product that our customers genuinely love. Don't just take our word for it - check out what some customers have to say.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of technical experience
- Passionate about creating memorable experiences for customers
- Interest in complex product development problems -- we use Rails & React, but you don’t have to know them
- Appreciation for a collaborative, test-driven environment
- Experience turning wireframes and mockups into elegantly executed code
- Well-structured, easily maintainable, well-documented code that balances beauty and pragmatism
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
Learn more about the team:
- Our Engineering Culture and Values
- How We Built a Service-Driven Team
- Our Diversity Goals and Efforts
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.