Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Collect and remove ambiguity on stakeholder technical requirements. Build strong partnerships with stakeholders including Business Intelligence, Data Science, Engineering, and BizTech.
- You start with answering what business decision do we want to make. Then work backwards to spec out the product requirements from there.
- Run the sprint process prioritizing Data Eng work.
- Work with the team to create a multi-year roadmap for the data platform and drive a shared understanding of the prioritization amongst stakeholders.
- Work with Business and Engineering teams to evaluate vendors and ensure they will integrate with the data platform.
- Evaluate how our data solutions are performing with stakeholders post launch.
- Help product teams track their metrics. You’ll own our analytics system (currently Data Lake & Amplitude). They are responsible for educating product teams across the company to choose effective metrics, instrument them, and track them.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 4+ years of Product Management, Program Management, or similar experience working closely with high functioning engineering teams
- Experience in a data focused role (SQL knowledge, familiarity with data pipelines, ETL, event analytics)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to communicate and coordinate between teammates of varying technical proficiency.
- Be sincerely empathetic and kind
- Familiar with Agile or similar project management processes
- A degree in computer science or other technical background
Here’s why we think you should join us:
You want to build a world class data platform from scratch. In order to deliver peace of mind to our customers, Gusto pays and files taxes for over 60,000 small businesses across all 50 states. Moving money and payroll is complex, but our customers depend on us to get it right. You’ll lead the team that rebuilds the data platform empowering business intelligence, operational processes (risk), engineering metrics, and data driven product features.
You want to have a meaningful impact. Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We do so by simplifying complex decisions and tasks across Payroll, HR and Benefits. Not only will your work at Gusto help the more than 60,000 businesses we already serve, but Gusto is growing so quickly that every employee can have a large personal impact on the trajectory of our business.
You want to work with great people. Gusto is first and foremost Customer Driven. We value thoughtfulness and empathy. We take pride in making smart decisions based on stakeholder research and our vision of the future.
You want to learn how to scale a successful startup. One path to building an enduring company is to take a problem that seemed too complex to tackle, and simply do it better than anyone before. There’s no question that Payroll, HR & Benefits is a huge market. With sizable revenue and investments from Google Capital, General Catalyst, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (among others), we are set up to make the most of the giant opportunity ahead of us. The data platform you rebuild will need to scale with us as we continue to grow.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.