Guru is looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter to expand Guru’s ecosystem by supporting our Developer Network. We are targeting existing and prospective customers, Consulting/SIs/BPOs and ISVs that wish to develop, as well as continuously track the various ways the community is building against our API and the iPaaS platforms Guru supports. The Sr. Manager will have the overall responsibility for identifying, educating and engaging with customers and partners, as well as our Line of Business owners to cultivate strategic mind-share and collaborate on initiatives to serve and drive adoption, on a scalable basis within this emerging community.
Residing on the Business Development team, this role is not only about how well you nurture and expand our network; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill-set to an energized environment and highly interactive team!
The developer network and its corresponding components: API, API Documentation, Guru Developer Edition, Integration Platforms (iPaaS) + Webhooks are serving this community as a part of our evolving ecosystem and partnership strategy.
- Drive the structure and ongoing expansion + scalability of Guru’s Developer Network + API & iPaaS Strategy
- Work in conjunction with the Product Marketing Management team on all GTM activities to drive awareness and educate the market on the value of integrating and designing automated workflows with our product
- Own API internal processes, API documentation and SDK roadmap
- Identify and drive developer relationships that align our ecosystem strategy
- Define, monitor and report the annual, quarterly and monthly goals to produce measurable outcomes/results
- Establish and sustain yourself as a trusted advisor within the developer community, with well-defined objectives, in-depth understanding on patterns of use & working internally to scale and devise the optimal means of supporting them
- Help to uncover new opportunities for this community, devise an internal business plan to review with internal constituents and work effectively against the plan
- Feed a community to generate stronger engagement and collaboration (i.e. Community Sourced integrations)
- Support relationships with our iPaaS partners, including GTM and consideration of workflows and automations to bring to market
- Work with all internal partners (sales, engineering, marketing, customer success/support and the leadership team) to ensure the success of the developer network and measurable results are aligned to our Corporate Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
Ideal Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of technology partner management, product management, technical evangelist, API Management, and/or developer community management experience in the software-technology industry
- Business and technical savvy
- Experience presenting and articulating sophisticated business and technical concepts to cross-functional audiences
- Experience engaging and influencing business and technical engineers + executives
- Expertise in crafting and managing output metrics on customer and partner API use/adoption
- Consistently exceeded key performance metrics
- Experience working with strategic partners and customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a requirement, as well as the ability to work optimally across internal and external organizations
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be 100% Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.