Your responsibilities will include architecting, building, maintaining, and documenting our marketing web & email infrastructure that is responsible for communicating Guru’s identity to the world. You will help the team increase the rate at which we are deploying, iterating, and improving our marketing web properties while supporting in executing our conversion rate optimization (CRO) and testing initiatives.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative marketing team.
- 3+ years of experience in software development on a marketing or product team preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience with building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- Experience with building and maintaining email templates for marketing campaigns
- Experience with responsive design for mobile
- Familiarity with implementing and maintaining utilities such as Google Tag Manager and Google Optimize
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a commitment to continual improvement
- Be able to successfully work with Designers to translate visual concepts and implement high fidelity designs into functional websites, microsites, HTML emails, and more
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience developing in HubSpot’s CMS environment w/ HubL
- Experience with accessibility
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be 100% Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.