Guru is experiencing rapid growth, and we are looking for an experienced Account Executive to join the charge! As a member of our sales team, this account executive will own everything to do with our Scalable market prospects (Scalable Segment is companies with 50- 500 employees): strategy, planning, and making it happen. You'll have specific activity and revenue targets that tie directly to Guru's growth goals. In addition, this role will help us report to the rest of the organization on our sales efforts while exploring new and creative ways to find, land and expand Scalable prospect customers .
This job is not only about how well you sell; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team!
- Consistently seek new sales opportunities through inbound lead management & outbound cold prospects using customer research, product data and account planning
- Uncover, qualify and drive new leads through sales funnel based on Guru’s sales methodology and product metrics
- Build and deliver custom product demos, support prospect trial success, and create compelling return on investment presentations with stakeholders & financial decision makers
- Partner with existing Scalable customers to help them use Guru with high adoption of important features across their organization while expanding use cases to drive more revenue through their first year of service
- Handle complex new business and expansion sales cycles; lead negotiations and first year customer renewal
- Act as a customer concern point-of-contact for relationship and commercial questions
- Have a deep understanding of the product’s technical capabilities and customer use cases
- Utilize internal resources and partner with internal teams to ensure customer success
- Test new sales tactics, strategies and messaging frameworks as the product, buyers, competitive landscape and knowledge management market continue to evolve
- 2+ years as a quota carrying closing SaaS sales rep, preference for experience in product-led growth sales motion
- Experience navigating and closing sophisticated deals with multiple stakeholders, while maintaining a strong consultative selling approach
- Excellent discovery demo, web presentation and written communication skills
- Regularly met and exceeded quota in a previous outbound/inbound sales role
- Experience with content management, knowledge management or support solutions industries is a plus
- Active listener and phenomenal teammate with strong organizational and time management skills who is not afraid to ask thoughtful questions
- Ability to learn, reason and adapt quickly
- Proficiency with Salesforce required, experience with Guru, Slack, Intercom, Linkedin Sales Navigator, Outreach, Zoom, Chrous.ai preferred but not required
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position and is based out of our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.