Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices located in Philadelphia and San Francisco, along with a distributed team across the US, we are looking for a Sr. Account Manager to focus on expanding revenue across our largest customers including both Fortune 100 and fast-growing tech. As a Sr. Account Manager you’ll own expansion and upsell opportunities amongst existing customers. You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a big picture thinker with Sales, AM or CS experience, and have the ability to maximize the value of Guru.
What is success in this role?
- Ability to identify and prioritize upsell & cross-sell opportunities to drive revenue.
- Build account strategies in collaboration with CX to align Guru’s value to a customer’s business priorities, and ultimately drive expanded use of Guru.
- Ability to navigate an enterprise to build a network of decision makers, champs, and general stakeholders within an account.
- Ability to manage and coordinate complex sales cycles with multiple stakeholders from initial meeting, to close.
- You can collaborate and partner internally with customer-facing teams for cohesive communication plans with our customers
- Superb organizational/follow up skills to efficiently interact with existing customers, and multiple contract through each account
- Strategic thinker who is a self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude
- Excellent verbal/phone and writing skills; you should create your own luck
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Ability to maintain forecast & notes in Salesforce.com CRM system
- Start-up environment means having the ability to move with a sense of urgency and ability to adapt.
- Be passionate & your genuine self
- You should be tech savvy – gadget lovers a plus
- 3-4 years of quota carrying SaaS or technology sales experience or customer success experience with a desire to work in a sales role on Enterprise accounts.
- Experience in managing complex customer relationships
- Experience with knowledge management solutions is a plus
- Track record of over-achieving quota (10-20% of company) in past positions
- Experience with Salesforce
- BS/BA degree in Marketing or other field with relevant work experience
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.