Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real-time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, and a distributed team across the US, we are excited to welcome an SEO Associate to be a critical member of our small but mighty Content Marketing team. As part of this highly collaborative and cross-functional team, you will help ensure that we're focusing on crafting the right content and are well-positioned in the organic search landscape.
At Guru, your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow,” as we seek to continually reflect on our efforts, learn from others inside and outside of our company, and find opportunities to learn how we can improve our results and work more efficiently as a team. We actively promote a healthy work/life balance for all teammates and are focused on building a sustainable remote-first environment.
Main role description:
Looking to up-level your SEO experience? In this role you will work with our phenomenal SEO lead and content writers on implementing our organic strategy through SEO research, content outlines, and writing. You'll also have the opportunity to learn about crafting larger optimization strategies, including conversion rate optimization (CRO), technical SEO improvements, and information architecture.
- Partner with our SEO writing agency to prioritize and scale our content creation efforts.
- Proactively work to optimize existing content in order to capture new demand and expand our reach.
- Partner with Brand, Web, and other teams to manage SEO projects from idea to implementation.
- Work with Content, Brand, and Product Marketing teams to test and optimize page content, meta descriptions, titles, internal links, structured data markup, and more within brand guidelines.
- With mentorship from our Content Team, craft competitive outlines and SEO content for search, including optimization for image and voice search.
- 2+ years of web marketing or SEO experience, ideally in tech and/or B2B environment.
- Ability to work both independently and cross-functionally.
- Proven familiarity with SEO technical, content, and linking best practices.
- Experience implementing SEO strategies through search term research, site audits, link building, and keyword targeting.
- Familiarity with keyword research tools like Ahrefs and SEMRush, as well as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, and Google Optimize.
- Background in either technical or content SEO (both is a plus), with a strong desire to learn and deepen a wide SEO skillset.
Bonuses (but not deal-breakers):
- Experience leading/writing up audits (technical or content) for websites.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, and Emergence Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.