Guru is looking for a highly motivated, results-oriented self-starter to expand Guru’s ecosystem by supporting our Developer Network and Build with Us Strategy. This role will support prospective and existing customers, Consulting/SIs/BPOs and ISVs that wish to develop against Guru’s API, iPaaS and/or Webhook framework, as well as continuously track the various ways this community is extending their use of Guru. The Sr. Solutions Architect will be responsible for: helping developers/business partners to discern technical feasibility of their requested use case or integration scenario and providing technical documentation of the proposed approach to all applicable partners; solving problems and resolving inbound technical support requests, as well as collaborate closely with Guru Line of Business owners to cultivate strategic mind-share and collaborate on the extensibility of our platform to serve and drive adoption within this emerging community.
Residing on the Ecosystem Strategy & Business Development team, this role is not only about how well you interact and expand our prospective and existing customer and partner network; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill-set to an energized environment and highly interactive team.
The developer network and its corresponding components: API, API Documentation, Guru Developer Edition, iPaaS Connectors and Webhooks framework are serving this community as a part of our evolving ecosystem and partnership strategy.
- Engage with customers/partners by responding to technical questions received through our developer community Q&A forum & client support platform
- Support the Sr. Manager, Developer Network to help drive awareness, evangelize and educate the market on the value of integrating with Guru’s knowledge management platform
- Work cross-functionally to help to develop educational programs to scale and support our emerging developer community
- Distill intricate business & technical scenarios into digestible, understandable concepts and present them to all audiences
- Contribute to Guru’s API documentation, including use cases and sample code for ease of use and adoption
- Support developer relationships that align to Guru’s ecosystem strategy and our growing community
- Assist the Sr. Manager, Developer Network in tracking and reporting on key metrics that are aligned to annual, quarterly and monthly goals to produce measurable outcomes/results
- Help to uncover new opportunities for this community and devise a quarterly internal business plan to review with internal constituents to optimally contribute to individual, team and our corporate objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Own or assist with the technical feasibility process for inbound integration requests from prospective & existing customers + partners (Consulting/SIs/BPOs or Technology Vendors), requested by Guru’s Sales (AE, SE, AM, CSM, PS), Business Development and/or Support teams
- When applicable, prioritize inbound client & partner requests that cannot be supported via our API and/or iPaaS capabilities with Product Management + Engineering, Service Studio & Business Development, to help determine if strategic customer or partner requests require: 1.) internal assessment for investment by Product, Design & Engineering, 2.) will be performed as a one-off by the Service Studio team or 3.) if Consulting/SI should be enlisted to support
- Convene with Business Development & Sales on functional & technical elements of RFIs/RFPs, as well as assembling and cataloging (in Guru of course!), for ongoing reference
- 6+ years as a solutions architect, developer advocate/evangelist or API Program Manager in the software-technology industry
- Strong business and technical acuity
- Hands-on application development experience in Java, scripting or REST development (Experience implementing & building against REST APIs. Previous work with Python preferable.)
- Experience solving SDK, API, and webhook issues
- Expertise in creating and managing output metrics on customer and partner API use
- Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Looker, Mode Analytics, etc.)
- Experience engaging and influencing engineers and executives
- Consistently exceeded key performance metrics
- Experience working with strategic partners and customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a requirement, as well as the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organizations
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.