Over the past few years, there has been a drastic shift in how people buy technology. Rather than following a lengthy and rigid sales process, customers want to try things out on their own before purchasing. At Guru, we have fully embraced this exploratory trend, supporting customers with product specialists to guide them through their journey.
They are a critical team whose bread and butter is helping people fall in love with Guru and use it effectively. They play an integral part of our growth by shepherding both new and tenured users through their respective use cases.
When you mix powerful ingredients like customer success, support, sales and a heavy sprinkling of product knowledge together, what do you get? The one and only, irreplaceable Product Specialist!
This role is for trail blazers who are interested in each of these skills, and maybe aren't sure which one to follow down a career path (we say, why not all?). If you want to be in a customer-facing role where no day is the same, working alongside unique and talented individuals who are continually learning from each other, now is your chance!
- Leading 1:1 consultation calls - 30-60 minute Zoom meetings where you’ll discuss a company's goals and offer prescriptive tactics;
- Engaging on live chats - short interactions to quickly address initial questions (“What’s the best way to organize my content for …”) while driving additional adoption;
- Guiding to other resources - either sharing virtual resources (help center, Guru Academy), or putting them in contact with human champions (AE, AM, Technical Support);
- Aggregating insights to drive self-serve resources - serve as the eyes and ears of the company for potential product improvements;
- Peer to peer collaboration and mentoring - each person on the team brings an unparalleled perspective and set of skills, which they share in insights sharing sessions, call and chat reviews, and team process creation.
This role maintains an extremely high mastery of both Guru’s functionality (how the product works) and application (how customers use it to achieve specific use cases) across all stages of the customer journey including: Initial account setup and onboarding, how best to structure content, permission of users and groups, connecting Guru to other systems, and growing adoption of existing Guru accounts.
- Guru product expertise and mastery - ideally candidates that have used Guru in their previous/current role
- 1 - 2 years of B2B client-facing experience (if no prior Guru experience)
- Empathy and curiosity to understand our customers’ personal and organizational challenges
- Ability to prescribe relevant and helpful next steps to overcome these challenges
- Know-how to command a (virtual) room - remaining unflappable, communicating certainly and succinctly, and ask unearthing questions
- Strong product demonstration acuity - ability to think strategically about what features to show when
- Inviting mentality towards constructive feedback and rapid iteration
- Ability to evaluate and connect tactical and technical needs with business outcomes
- Comfort holding conversations with personas ranging from novice through C-level
- Willingness to support customer meetings in EST and PST, as needed
- Must be organized, thoughtful, and highly motivated
These resources provide some additional insight into the Product Specialist role and its increasing prominence in the industry.
How Guru Layers Human Touchpoints Onto a Strong Self-Service Model
What Does A Product-Led Sales Team Look Like? (See the “assist” section)
The 5 characteristics of top Product Specialists (Called “sales-assist” here)
3 Steps to Product-Led Human Interactions That Users Love
Making the Product Experience Better With Sales-Assisted User Onboarding
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that is (ideally) based in Philadelphia, or fully Remote within the EST timezone. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.