As an interactive designer in Guru’s Brand Studio you’ll be asked to play a major role across our marketing websites and email initiatives. In many ways, you’ll act as front-end and user experience designer. Our core website (getguru.com) is crafted, built, and hosted using Webflow (webflow.com), of which you’d help design for and manage as a visual developer. Already a Webflow maestro? Outstanding! If not, that’s okay too, but you certainly need to have a rock solid foundation of programming languages, web interactivity and standard methodologies. We're looking for a love for thoughtful design and a strong enthusiasm for nurturing a brand.
With that said, this is all just a start. Our Brand Studio is the hub for all things “creative” at Guru, and individuals are encouraged to contribute wherever their interests and talents take them — and to shape their individual role accordingly.
- Handle the upkeep of existing web initiatives, while implementing and defining new ones
- Work collaboratively with other hardworking Designers, Developers, Content strategists, SEO specialists, Marketers, people with confusing job titles, and more!
- Implement no-code processes and build scalable, self-serve CMS solutions and microsites to be driven by other teams/partners
- Successfully kick off then hand off designs to our marketing developers across various platforms
- 3-5 years experience designing professionally
- A naturally human-centric approach to work and life
- A deep (and perhaps borderline uncomfortable?) love for extraordinary web and UX design
- A consideration for all parts of the design experience: from copy to animations, to accessibility
- A proven understanding of html, css, and web interactivity principles and their best utilities
- Ability to work, think, and respond quickly, while maintaining attention to detail on multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative design tools experience (Webflow, Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and prototyping tools, such as InVision, Framer, or HTML/CSS/JS)
- Track record of designing flows and wireframes with a strong bias towards user-centric design
- Video and/or motion graphic experience
- Solid understanding of digital production techniques
- Familiarity with principles of animation
Despite all the aforementioned specifics, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications/skills, you should still seriously consider applying. Above all else, we like hardworking and creative people who care deeply about design and who hate the idea of settling for things that are simply “good enough”. Someone who meets 50% of the requirements, but has the right blend of creativity and awesomeness might just be the perfect person to join the rest of us weirdos in the Brand Studio at Guru.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia or San Francisco or Fully Remote. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.