Guru is seeking a systems-thinking human-centric leader who can ensure our enterprise applications (SFDC, Zuora, eventually Netsuite, eventually a CX tool, Intercom, etc) are properly implemented and optimized for today and at 10X our scale. This requires a combination of deep technical knowledge and the ability to synthesize the “how” and “why” in system decisions/workflows for both technical and non-technical leaders across the company.
This job is not only about how well you handle our the evolution of our Business Systems; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
This role has a broad mandate, including:
- Owning & Administer the Implementations: of Salesforce (CRM), Zuora (Billing), NetSuite (currently on QuickBooks), and other ancillary systems for CX and Sales.
- Continuously Iterating & Optimizing our Business Systems: Per usual, the implementation is just the beginning. There are always iterations / optimizations that need to occur, especially as the company scales and adds further segmentations and products. You will drive the vision and execution for where each of the systems, along with their interactions/overlaps, should be now and in the future.
- Lead Technical Talent: You will lead a small team of systems analysts/admins. Each will be a specialist in a specific tool (SFDC, for example) and although they will understand the upstream and downstream system flows, you will be the “architect” in guiding them to optimize specific implementations across several systems, ensuring they don’t “lose the forest for the trees”. More tactically, you will also get your hands dirty when they are stuck and provide technical solutions.
- 5-10 yrs in Business Systems with deep technical experience in Salesforce and Zuora. NetSuite preferred but not required. Experience implementing and administering ancillary systems to Salesforce is critical (Gainsight, Intercom, Outreach, etc).
- Several years of managing & coaching (in a technical capacity) highly technical admins/analysts across SFDC, Zuora, NetSuite, and/or other tools.
- High IQ and EQ: This role requires you to deeply internalize our system stack from an architectural/systems perspective and engage with technical and non-technical leaders across the business as implementations and optimizations occur.
- Grit + Highly Inquisitive/Curious: You don’t take “this is just how it is” as an answer. You try to push the systems to do things that aren’t typically expected in the goal of helping us scale efficiently. This will require the grit to get your hands dirty at times in systems and seek out guidance externally when the answer is not readily available
- Visionary Leadership: Your ability to inspire, motivate, and challenge the team to continuously improve the business systems will be critical
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.