Guru is seeking an analytics business partner for our VP of Product and VP of Engineering. This role is intentionally the highest level IC role (equivalent to Director) as we’re seeking someone who is willing to build a Product & Engineering Analytics function, starting with themselves. This person will build the foundation for what, eventually, will be a small product analytics team. If you are a rockstar in Product/Engineering Analytics and have previously managed people, but don’t feel the need to right away, this role is for you.
The Product & Engineering Analytics role sits within the broader Biz Ops & Analytics team, which is comprised of analytics business partners for each function across the company.
The Biz Ops & Analytics team has a broad mandate, including:
Financial & strategic planning: across what is typically FP&A / Sales Ops / CS Ops / parts of Mktg Ops including traditional financial planning, headcount planning, territory management/customer segmentation, top-line forecasting
Analytics: using SQL and BI tools to tackle the highest priority analyses for business partners
Performance management & owner of the operating cadence: create the dashboards/management reporting and key metrics/KPIs for each respective function and integrate it into the overall financial / operating performance of the company
Execution: traditional corporate strategy functions create recommendations but are not involved in execution. Each business partner will be a mini-COO that generates insights, drives to a conclusive recommendation, and helps execute on it in partnership with their respective leaders and systems teams.
This Role’s Specific Responsibilities:
- Operationalize Product & Engineering Metrics: Drive thought leadership on what we should be measuring, at what cadence, and how often it should be shared/reviewed. Be responsible for the creation of management reporting to ensure Product, UX, and Engineering are on track with their goals for the quarter and year.
- Generate Product Insights: Frame-up, Iterate, and Synthesize the insights from analytics projects in concert with Product, UX, and Engineering that are critical to their, and the company’s, shared success
- Strategic Business Partner: Act as a data-driven thought partner for the senior product & engineering team as they prioritize work and make tradeoffs
Skills & Experience Requirements
- 7-10 years of analytical experience in high-growth software, ideally in Product or Growth Analytics. Alternatively, Product / Engineering Operations.
- Expert level SQL, Excel, Powerpoint/GSlides, and BI (PowerBI, Tableau, or Looker). These tools are required to get the job done and an expert level of proficiency is required to do so well.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills—you are able to establish yourself as a trusted business partner who can influence decision-making and outcomes
- Aptitude for framing business questions in analytic terms and translating business requirements into useful datasets and analyses with meaningful insights
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous team environment
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous benefits package
- Professional Development & Wellness Allowance
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.