Guru helps teams create and surface the knowledge they need to do their jobs in real time. With offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco, including a distributed team across the U.S., Guru is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to be a core part of our team.
As part of a cross-functional team, you will collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers to understand product requirements and provide solid testing of features not only prior to release, but also as continuous regression testing. We are a quality first team so all engineers are also empowered to do testing of their work; the right candidate will work in conjunction with engineers as a supplement to the team.
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we seek to reflect on past projects and find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work-life balance especially during the global pandemic as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
As a Senior Test Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Distilling product requirements into actionable test plans
- Close collaboration with Design, Product, and Engineering teams around quality assurance
- Implement automated tests for use in regression testing and supplementing manual testing where necessary
- Identifying and addressing gaps in our current testing and tooling environments to more quickly find quality issues earlier in the process
- Working across department with other engineers and test engineers as our team scales
- Instill in others the importance of quality by sharing the responsibility with product, design, and engineering
- Customer centric thinking as you build quality throughout the whole product development lifecycle
- Advocate for investment in areas that don't meet quality standards which create poor customer experiences and drain the team of productivity
- Solving complex problems with limited direction
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- 4-6 years of professional experience creating actionable testing plans
- Experience with modern software development and deployment practices included unit & integrations testing, continuous integration, etc.
- Experience with creating automated tests in environments such as Cypress or Selenium, and accessibility testing tooling
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Familiarity with CircleCI
- Familiarity with Java testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Familiarity with integration testing frameworks such as Cypress
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. Regardless of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identification, or background.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.