Customer Success (CS) is the heart of Guru’s sustained long-term success. At Guru, the Customer Experience is anchored in the success and growth of the Strategic “high-touch” customer segment (enterprise and fast-growing mid-market businesses with >350 employees). As a Senior Customer Success Manager you will work with some of the world’s best known companies to help them realize real business value from their investment in Guru and grow with our product. This role requires a highly motivated individual to proactively engage our valued strategic customers to drive broader adoption and achieve client satisfaction for off the chart retention rates.
We need someone who can come in and help our customers become more efficient, effective and referenceable. This job is not only about how well you nurture our customers; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
⭐ Key Responsibilities
- Maintain ownership of a portfolio of strategic customers, weaving a web to develop new relationships while supporting existing teams to ultimately drive adoption and retention of our product across their organization
- Be the face of Guru and the main point of contact by establishing regular cadence calls to stay on track of their key objectives and goals
- Work with customers to understand their motivation, business drivers, strategic goals and desired business outcomes; co-create joint customer success plans that include success metrics, engagement and adoption strategy, timelines, communication, and expansion plans
- Build and support a comprehensive Account Success Plan in collaboration with the Sales team to ensure alignment moving forward
- Execute on all phases of the customer journey, including advising setup and roll out, organizational change, workflow design, business reviews, upcoming product roadmap, and renewal touch points
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network across customer’s organization, discovering creative ways to learn about the business and their goals
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities; proactively drive data-supported, account-focused campaigns to increase customer engagement and product adoption
- Drive increased adoption across multiple departments, partners, and use cases through continuous product education and advocacy
Product Training & Education
- Have the ability to distill sophisticated concepts into simplistic terms, delivering training and workshops for our customers
- Serve as the dedicated point of contact for strategy, product training, and non-technical support questions
- Strive to be an inspiring product leader for your customers, analyzing use-cases and recommending market/vertical best practices to enhance internal and external knowledge management.
- Collaborate with clients and help create technical game plans to seamlessly integrate our product with their wider technology ecosystem (Drive, Zendesk, Kustomer, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc.)
- Partner closely with Sales counterparts to build strategic account plans, cultivate executive relationships, facilitate Executive Business Reviews, and identify and cultivate expansion opportunities
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to build customer references, flag potential case-studies, and co-develop resources to better support our strategic customers
- Work closely with the Service Studio, Support, and Engineering to help quarterback resolutions for customer issues and optimization opportunities
- Serve as the voice of your customers by surfacing key trends and insights back to our Product, Design, and Engineering teams
📝 Ideal Skills & Experience:
- You have a minimum of 4+ years experience handling sophisticated enterprise accounts (Fortune 100) across multiple client partners at a SaaS company (preferably a startup environment), and/or experience facilitating exponential growth for mid-market accounts
- You understand why customer success is a key contributor to a customer's happiness & success (CSAT/NPS scores/ROI)
- You are excited about technology and are skilled at explaining technical problems clearly
- You have good technical domain knowledge of two or more of the following: SaaS, Knowledge Management Systems, APIs, Learning Management Systems, Asset / Content Management Systems, Analytics or Programming (HTML etc).
- You are able to thoughtfully support customer issues under pressure
- You have exceptional verbal and written communication skills coupled with unparalleled follow-up skills. Clients have the impression that you listen and understand
- You possess proven organizational skills
- You have significant project management experience, and/or formal certifications (Agile, KCS, change management, etc.)
- Knowledge of CRM or PRM Systems, Customer Success, and/or Tech Support systems is preferred (Intercom, Zendesk, Kustomer, Salesforce, etc.)
- Previous experience with Guru is not required but a plus.
➕ Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited Vacation
- Professional Development Stipend
- Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Stipend
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Thrive After Five: in recognition of our long-tenured employees, Guru celebrates your five year anniversary with a $10,000 personal travel reimbursement
- Remote perks
- Generous medical benefits package
- Guru-sponsored company & team events, no matter where you work
💚 About Guru:
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that will be based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices, Remote will be considered as well. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.