Guru is seeking an experienced Machine Learning Engineer to develop, improve, and deliver features powered by ML into our product. This is an awesome opportunity to maximize and grow your software engineering and machine learning skills alongside a team of creative, accomplished data scientists and engineers. To be successful you must be highly collaborative, excited about using ML to tackle real world problems, and have a commitment to show your grit. While we will always celebrate our successes, we embrace the journey by both persevering and learning from our setbacks. If this sounds like you, and you want to work with a diverse team that values all voices, please read on…
At Guru your voice will be heard and respected. One of our core values is “Learn and Grow” as we seek to reflect on past projects to find opportunities to learn how we can better communicate and work more effectively as a team. We actively promote a healthy work life balance especially during the global pandemic as we realize for many life and work are intertwined more than ever.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Productionize and deploy the ML models prototyped by our data scientists as well-tested Python-based services
- Build, automate, maintain, and optimize our feature extraction and model training pipelines
- Collaborate with ML engineers, data scientists, and architects to improve the architecture, scalability, stability, and performance of our ML platform
- Develop processes, monitoring, and frameworks to ensure data and model quality
- Collaborate on design and code reviews to ensure high quality software
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in Python/Scala/Java or similar programming languages to contribute to a Python code base
- Experience architecting, building and deploying scalable ML systems into AWS cloud using ECS, ECR, Lambda, API Gateway, Sagemaker, DynamoDB, and S3
- Experience processing large amounts of data using technologies such as Apache Spark and EMR
- Experience working with Docker, CI/CD pipelines, and familiarity with infrastructure as code principles
- Proficient working with SQL, data warehouses, and relational data
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with Scala
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Experience designing systems in microservices architectures
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health, wellness, and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, Thrive Capital and Accel. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position that can be Remote or based out of our Philadelphia or San Francisco offices. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All are welcome here. At Guru, being inclusive is very important to us. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identification, veteran status or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.