Guru is looking for a Finance & Strategy Manager who will be responsible for improving strategic, financial and operational decision-making across the company. You’ll lead Guru’s annual planning, forecasting and budgeting processes in addition to providing analysis to support strategic initiatives for our leadership team. Our ideal candidate is ambitious, analytical, and is comfortable communicating findings to senior leadership.
- Own, maintain and update Guru’s financial and operating models
- Accurately track and forecast Guru’s operational and financial metrics
- Work with leadership team members to set OKR targets that support our financial goals
- Provide monthly financial variance analysis and hold budget review meetings with department heads
- Provide strategic guidance using analytics and financial models
- Work closely with department leads to provide analytical support, assist with optimizing resource allocation, and proactively identify operational improvements
- Use SQL/Mode to mine and analyze data in order to provide leadership with findings and recommendations
- Track metrics, including CAC, LTV, and Sales Efficiency that drive our valuation and analyze the impact our decisions have on them
- Report on company performance, and assist with crafting board materials
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or other relevant field
- 6 to 10 years of relevant industry experience (B2B SaaS, ideally in a product-led company, or consumer tech)
- Excellent proficiency in financial modeling and Excel / GSheets, specifically in building and updating 3 statement financial models
- You are experienced with SQL, Mode (or other analytics platforms such as Looker, Tableau, etc.), and Google Slides
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You've worked closely with executives and have led cross-team initiatives
- Outstanding judgment and maturity, including an ability to execute independently and work with team members of all levels
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, and Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.