Guru is looking for a passionate Front End Engineer Intern to join us this summer in our Center
City Philadelphia office. Guru is creating a new way to connect people with meaningful
information. Guru lets you capture, verify, and share your information - right from the apps you
use every day.
As an intern at Guru you will become a member of our core engineering team. No coffee or
donut runs here! Under the mentorship of our front end team you'll be tasked with implementing
a core feature for our product lineup. This will be your baby to nurture and watch grow over the
course of 10-weeks. You'll be involved in project meetings, whiteboard sessions, and monthly
company get togethers.
This internship is not only about how well you code; it’s about how you lend your positivity and
presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative
What we are looking for:
- Passionate about technology (perhaps with a cool side-project to talk about)
- Great communication skills, a positive attitude, and someone not afraid to ask questions
- Self-awareness and a commitment to continual improvement
- Someone who isn't afraid to dive into the documentation
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
- Willingness to accept criticism on code.
- Someone that doesn't take themselves too seriously.
- Applicants should be at least a Junior in college. By the end of the internship you will have fully assimilated into Guru’s engineering team. While full-time employment isn’t guaranteed after completion of the program, successful candidates may be considered for full-time employment based upon performance and open positions on the team.
- This internship is only open to candidates living in the greater Philadelphia area and relocation assistance is not available.
What you'll be doing:
- Implement a feature using React
- Debug issues and address performance bottlenecks.
- Conform to modern best practices and coding standards
- Implement unit tests. You test your code... right....?!?!
- Read and produce technical documentation
How it works:
- We are accepting applications through March 1st, 2020. Candidates that are selected to move forward to each stage will be notified via email. Final interviews at the Guru offices, in Center City Philadelphia, will be held in early April 2020.
- Candidates interested in applying to both front end & backend internships will need to complete two separate applications. If chosen to move forward, candidates must complete the respective take home assessment for each team.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive pay!
- One on one mentorship from our experienced engineering team
- Chance to work with cutting edge front end technologies like Web Extensions and React!
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat and fully engaged culture
- Satisfaction of having your project in production and being used by thousands of our customers on a daily basis
- Several of our previous interns have transitioned into full time jobs as Engineers at Guru
- No dress code
- Sweet tunes over the office Sonos system
- Cold Brew Nitro Draft coffee on tap
- Pet friendly!
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, and Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.