We are looking for an engineering manager to help manage and grow engineers at Guru. You will be focused on the people management of the Guru engineering members, partnering closely with other engineering managers and product managers to help facilitate not only an excellent growth-mindset but also curating the engineering culture here at Guru.
As an engineering manager, we will depend on you to ensure the growth of your direct reports, with other Engineering Managers, and with partners in other departments at Guru. You should be comfortable working with a small team of peers and being efficient with resources. At the end of the day, you are going to be responsible for your engineers’ success and growth in the company.
This job is not only about how well you work with your peers and engineers; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience managing engineers in a fast-growing environment
- 5+ years of experience in software development, product development preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Proficient understanding of software engineering and product development processes
- You are people-focused and desire to see those you manage succeed in their career and growth while being attuned to the companies needs
- You are a strong communicator. You have a positive attitude and are empathetic
- You are self-motivated. You identify and solve problems with little or no guidance
- You have strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- You demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to improve
- You excel in a dynamic startup environment
- You work well with others and are an excellent teammate
- You are direct and honest with feedback while motivating
- Ensure that your direct reports are operating at peak efficiency, staying motivated, and growing in their career
- Ensure that the growth of your direct reports also play a key role in the growth of Guru
- Execute assignments that help the entire engineering team at Guru perform efficiently
- Use the expertise of the Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to help understand your direct reports needs
- Assist in the engineering department hiring process, leveraging other engineers’ knowledge in resource identification and applicant evaluation.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast-growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital and most recently Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.