Your responsibilities include implementing product features end to end, collaborating with others to build the best solutions, reviewing code, triaging issues, and instilling rigor and passion for high-quality software development practices. As a Senior UI Engineer, you will also be expected to both identify and solve complex problems with limited direction and be able to help lead and mentor newer engineers as our team scales.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in software/product development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience with building complex layouts with CSS and HTML that are keen on accessibility with semantic markup and do well in a responsive environment
- Experience working with and building and maintaining design system to support engineering, design and product features
- Have a deep understanding of good UI architectural practices for large scale applications
- Extensive knowledge of CSS/HTML, accessibility, and i18n standards and best practices
- Experience building web components, using progressive rendering techniques, and actual and perceived performance optimizations
- Experience in rapid prototyping, experimentation, and iterative development
- Strong UX and design sensibilities, and attention to detail
- Experience with cross-browser implementation for a consistent experience
- Experience with CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Ability and interest in mentoring and guiding others
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a commitment to continual improvement
- Desire to write and maintain clean code, avoiding tech debt
- Work with other engineers, product managers, and designers to craft rock-solid customer-centered UI solutions
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with TypeScript or ES6
- Experience with designing web sites or applications (B2B SaaS a plus)
- Experience with browser extension development
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog-friendly office
- Monthly company social events
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast-growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital and most recently Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.