Guru is experiencing rapid growth, and we are looking for an experienced Account Executive to help lead the charge! As a member of our sales team, you’ll own everything to do with our Scalable market prospects (Scalable Segment < 250 employees): strategy, planning, and making it happen. You'll have specific activity and revenue targets that tie directly to Guru's growth goals. In addition, you will help us report to the rest of the organization on our sales efforts while exploring new and creative ways to find Scalable prospect leads.
This job is not only about how well you sell; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Lead the entire sales cycle for our Scalable segment accounts, from initial prospecting, qualification, discovery, demo, business meetings to close.
- Document prospect conversations and updates in Salesforce with clear and concise notes
- Manage & forecast book of business in Salesforce
- Strategically think about positioning value of Guru as we move upstream + higher price point deal sizes
- Utilize all social & professional channels to research and engage with prospects
- Measure activities & performance across all sales campaigns
- Works effectively in a team environment to support achievement of sales goals and deliver on customer service levels for prospect engagement
- 1-2 years as a quota carrying sales rep in the SaaS/Tech industry, preference for experience in content management, knowledge management or support solutions industries
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Sales or other field with relevant work experience
- Proficiency with Salesforce required. Experience with Slack, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, SalesLoft, Zoom, Chrous.ai, etc. preferred but not required
- Up-to-date with the latest technologies and standard methodologies in outbound sales
- You have regularly met & exceeded quota in a similar outbound sales role previously
- You possess excellent verbal/phone and written communication skills
- You have strong organizational & follow-up skills
- You are assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- You actively listen & ask thoughtful, clear questions
- You learn, reason and adapt quickly
- You are an excellent teammate, willing and able to collaborate with others on the immediate team & across departments
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Thrive Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, and Emergence Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.