LISTEN TO WHAT OUR EMPLOYEE’S HAVE TO SAY:
- Our CEO: Voted 100% top CEO 2019, Small, Medium companies “People’s Choice (Glassdoor):
- "I couldn't imagine leaving" - Lead Software Engineer
- "The best company culture I've ever been a part of. Leadership is top notch" Marketing
- "Best culture of any company I've worked for" - Customer Success
- "Best company in the world. Two words, "the people". The dynamic, intelligent, gritty talent at Guru is the reason I come to work every day" - Vice President
- "People, product, and culture all outstanding. 5 stars!!" - Software Engineer
- "It's not too good to be true - Guru really is that great" - Product Engineer
- "I have to pinch myself sometimes - great people, great product, great culture" - Software Engineer
WHAT YOU WILL GET TO DO:
- As a Senior Product Software Engineer, you bring not only strong coding chops but you have a product mindset offering feature input while always considering the user experience.
- You will have an opportunity to build APIs, infrastructure, and backend platform services, and internal tools.
- You will build API end points for public facing API’s that integrate with our developer network.
- Build, design and implement scalable, robust and reliable cloud-based web applications and RESTful API services.
- This role is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team.
- Be a lead, coach, and mentor to newer engineers as out team grows.
- Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Our tech stack: Java 11; Spring; Hibernate; AWS EC2, New Relic; Cloud Watch. Postgres; Jenkins; GIT
- 5+ years of experience in software development experience (Enterprise/SaaS)
- Experience implementing REST API’s
- Proficient Java skills
- Experience with SQL and relational data
- Experience with TDD (preferred) at minimum unit testing.
- S in CS, Engineering or related field or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
We hire for culture! Bring your attributes of trust, transparency, giving back, authenticity, kindness, collaborative, innovative and FUN!
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with AWS services including EC2
- Experience with Elasticsearch
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital and most recently Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our San Francisco office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.