Located in Philadelphia and San Francisco, Guru is looking for an excellent Software Engineer to be a core part of our Data Science Team. You will work directly with the Data Scientists and ML Engineers on delivering production ready implementations of our machine learning models. Your responsibilities include developing tools and services directly tied to our AI initiatives, collaborating with ML Engineers on building a strong service architecture for a machine learning platform, and working with the Operations team to deliver solutions to production.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skill set to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- 3+ years of full-time experience in product development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or relevant work experience
- Expertise in Python and/or Scala
- Experience designing and deploying RESTful and serverless services to production
- Experience with AWS services including ECS, EMR, Lambda, API Gateway, Redshift, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience working with SQL and relational data
- General understanding of the data science and machine learning technology landscape
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self-awareness and a desire to continually improve
- Desire to write and maintain a clean and well-tested code base, avoiding tech debt
Preferred but not required:
- Experience in Apache Spark
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience building pipelines for Natural Language Processing
- Experience building CD/CI pipelines
- Experience designing systems in microservices architectures
Benefits to you:
- Start-up experience = stock options
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (Health Care) contribution
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, and Emergence Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia or San Francisco office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.