Located in Philadelphia and San Francisco, Guru is looking for an excellent Sr. Software Engineer to be a core part of our Backend development team. You will collaborate to develop, implement, and deploy back-end services, APIs, and internal tools.
Your responsibilities include implementing product features, collaborating with others to build unique solutions, reviewing code, and triaging issues. As a Senior Engineer, you will also be expected to solve complex problems with limited direction and be able to help lead and mentor newer engineers as our team scales.
This job is not only about how well you develop; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in software development, product development preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Experience building enterprise grade applications
- Strong Java development experience
- Experience implementing REST APIs
- Experience working with SQL and relational data
- Experience with Unit testing or Test driven development
- Have a deep understanding of good architectural practices for large scale applications
- Proficiency using Git
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to adapt to changing technology
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with AWS services including EC2
- Experience with Elasticsearch
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog friendly office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital and most recently Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.