Guru is looking for a Sr. Data Scientist to be a core part of our Data Science team. You will be doing research and prototyping emerging machine learning and natural language processing solutions applied to natural language and unstructured data and be conversant with the latest developments in these fields. You will also collaborate with other Data Scientists, Architects, Product Managers and Engineers to prototype, implement and deploy these models into our product.
This job is not only about how well you build models; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of experience (or Masters with 5+ years of experience) in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or related STEM field.
- You have a deep knowledge and understanding of statistical modeling, machine learning algorithms, and natural language processing techniques.
- You have hands-on experience in deploying machine learning models into production to solve business problems.
- Hands-on experience with NLP.
- You have strong programming skills in Python and/or Scala and fluency in data manipulation using SQL, Pandas, or Apache Spark.
- You have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- You are a strong communicator. You have a positive attitude and are empathetic.
- You are self-motivated. You identify and solve problems with little or no guidance
- You demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to improve.
- You excel in a dynamic startup environment.
- You work well with others and are a great team player.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with analyzing large data sets, using Hadoop, Apache Spark or related technologies.
- Experience with Deep learning models and their practical application at scale.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast-growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, and Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.