At The Gunter Group, we set out to build a different firm where we leverage strong relationships to achieve great things in partnership with our clients. Our driven employees make us who we are – a talented team of leaders with deep and diverse professional experience. The big firm model does not resonate with us. We believe there is a better way to continually deliver high value service.
By utilizing a listen-first philosophy and being present, we are able to partner with our clients to provide exceptional service and solutions. We take pride in living out our non-negotiable qualities on a daily basis and are seeking motivated candidates who exemplify these attributes and will contribute to our culture. Oregon Business magazine has named The Gunter Group one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon five years in a row. Additionally, we have been recognized in the community for our continued commitment to hiring veterans.
The Gunter Group is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with additional offices in Bend, Oregon and Reno, Nevada/Sacramento, California. Please visit www.guntergroup.com for more information about who we are.
We are looking for consultants with strong supply chain and point of sale experience, who thrive on working collaboratively to deliver successful results for clients. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated understanding of business and technical needs, while providing leadership in the design of solutions. If you are a fit with our firm, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to let us know why.
Expectations for Management Consultant: Supply Chain
- Work with stakeholders from multiple business and/or technical functions to define, identify and document business requirements, create process models and develop relevant business cases.
- Elicit accurate and thorough business requirements.
- Develop an understanding of business systems by analyzing their associated input and output files and data, scripting logic, and other system artifacts.
- Demonstrate innovation when evaluating the business implications of technology solutions.
- Rely on past experience to provide added value and expertise in the client environment.
- Effectively disseminate technical requirements and language to business stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Define quality attributes, test cases, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements.
- Understand and can effectively track an organization’s digital footprint.
- Work with the program/project managers, product owners and other team members in providing clarity of requirements and how it relates to the business objectives.
Preferred/Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-10+ years of relevant experience that demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Consulting experience preferred
- Point of Sale experience
- Supply chain experience
- Experience implementing and executing a cloud transformation project
- Customer and product focused mindset
- Understanding of technical and data requirements
- Fundamental and demonstrable understanding of analysis methodologies used in business settings
- Experience executing project based work in an agile and/or waterfall environment
- Experience working with technology, ERP and CRM experience preferred
- Consistent demonstrated ability to bring structure to complex, unstructured environments
- Experience navigating, communicating, and managing expectations of a variety of stakeholders
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with the ambiguity that is often found within the start-up environment
- Experience with business process mapping and Lean process development
We would love to talk to you if:
- You are constantly learning and expanding your breadth and depth of knowledge. You are interested in tackling unique challenges and you are motivated to improve your skills for personal and professional growth.
- You are comfortable leading efforts to create clarity of the unknown when you enter a situation that has limited structure.
- You display the knowledge and expertise to flourish in situations where others may look to you for guidance because they are unsure how to move forward.
- You do the right thing in all circumstances, even if it creates challenges in the short-term. You are someone who is trusted to make decisions and take actions that support the larger mission of the organization for which you work.
- You exhibit the ability to innately adjust your approach to the people you are interacting with and you understand the perception of your actions.
- You believe in yourself and your abilities but you recognize that you don’t have all the answers. You effectively listen and seek to understand others before offering solutions.
- You innately find value in creating partnerships to achieve objectives. You effectively engage with others to maximize your performance and the performance of those around you.
- You are able to travel for consulting engagements to all the markets we serve.
The Gunter Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer.