At The Gunter Group, we set out to build a different firm where we leverage strong relationships to achieve great things in partnership with our clients. Our driven employees make us who we are – a talented team of leaders with deep and diverse professional experience. The big firm model does not resonate with us. We believe there is a better way to continually deliver high value service. We live where we work, so when we help our clients’ communities, we are helping to grow our own.
By utilizing a listen-first philosophy and being present, we are able to partner with our clients to provide exceptional service and solutions. We take pride in living out our non-negotiable qualities on a daily basis and are seeking motivated candidates who exemplify these attributes and will contribute to our culture. Oregon Business magazine has named The Gunter Group one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon five years in a row. Additionally, we have been recognized in the community for our continued commitment to hiring veterans.
The Gunter Group is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with additional offices in Bend, Oregon and Reno, Nevada/Sacramento, California. Please visit www.guntergroupconsulting.com for more information about who we are.
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst and designer of business intelligence solutions who likes to solve meaty problems. Candidates should be motivated with a collaborative approach and proven success designing business intelligence products and analytical solutions. The ideal candidate will be a SQL and Tableau expert and possess the technical skills to manage, manipulate, and organize data in a meaningful way for business users and organizational leaders. If you are a fit with our firm, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to let us know why.
Expectations for Business Intelligence Analyst candidates:
- Lead discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the expected outcome
- Use analysis techniques to explore existing data sources or design new data sources for BI Products and analytical solutions
- Design BI Products and analytical solutions for ease of use and comprehension
- Present prototypes and analytical results to business users and organization leadership
- Deliver outstanding client service focused on solving the right problem in the right way while delighting clients with swift, decisive, and clearly communicated action
- Rely on past experience to provide added value and expertise in the client environment
- Using a listen-first philosophy, quickly form trusted-adviser relationships with clients, including senior executives
- Elicit and document accurate and thorough business requirements
- Maintain a self-starter mindset to proactively anticipate and address client needs
Preferred/Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-10+ years of relevant Business Analyst experience required
- Bachelor’s degree, M.B.A. preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Experience with Tableau report development and maintenance of reports on Tableau Server or Tableau Online
- Advanced SQL skills for acquiring new datasets, parsing datasets, filtering and organizing data
- Experience with Power BI or Cognos a plus
- Technical skills to aggregate data appropriately, build data measurements and represent data visually
- Adept at knowledge discovery and descriptive and prescriptive analytics approaches
- Experience leading the discovery process and eliciting business requirements and expected outcomes
- Fundamental and demonstrable understanding of the development process for business intelligence products used in business settings
- Displayed success in effectively collaborating with teams and people through high-impact, challenging situations and projects
- High-level communication and presentation skills
We would love to talk to you if:
- You are constantly learning and expanding your breadth and depth of knowledge. You are interested in tackling unique challenges and you are motivated to improve your skills for personal and professional growth.
- You are comfortable leading efforts to create clarity of the unknown when you enter a situation that has limited structure.
- You display the knowledge and expertise to flourish in situations where others may look to you for guidance because they are unsure how to move forward.
- You do the right thing in all circumstances, even if it creates challenges in the short-term. You are someone who is trusted to make decisions and take actions that support the larger mission of the organization for which you work.
- You exhibit the ability to innately adjust your approach to the people you are interacting with and you understand the perception of your actions.
- You believe in yourself and your abilities but you recognize that you don’t have all the answers. You effectively listen and seek to understand others before offering solutions.
- You innately find value in creating partnerships to achieve objectives. You effectively engage with others to maximize your performance and the performance of those around you.
- You are potentially available to travel for consulting engagements to all the markets we serve.
The Gunter Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer.