At The Gunter Group, we set out to build a different firm where we leverage strong relationships to achieve great things in partnership with our clients. Our driven employees make us who we are – a talented team of leaders with deep and diverse professional experience. The big firm model does not resonate with us. We believe there is a better way to continually deliver high value service. We live where we work, so when we help our clients’ communities, we are helping to grow our own.
By utilizing a listen-first philosophy and being present, we are able to partner with our clients to provide exceptional service and solutions. We take pride in living out our non-negotiable qualities on a daily basis and are seeking motivated candidates who exemplify these attributes and will contribute to our culture. Oregon Business magazine has named The Gunter Group one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in Oregon five years in a row. Additionally, we have been recognized in the community for our continued commitment to hiring veterans.
The Gunter Group is headquartered in Portland, Oregon with additional offices in Bend, Oregon and Reno, Nevada/Sacramento, California. Please visit www.guntergroupconsulting.com for more information about who we are.
We are seeking strong Agile Project Managers who are highly skilled leading cross-functional teams in ambiguous technology environments. Candidates should be collaborative, proactive, and communicative leaders who thrive working with diverse groups to influence and ensure project success while utilizing their deep Agile knowledge and expertise. If you are a fit with our firm, please submit a resume along with a cover letter to let us know why.
Expectations for Agile Project Manager candidates:
- Demonstrate an Agile mindset and working knowledge of Agile techniques including Scrum, Kanban, User Story Writing, eXtreme Programming, and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional, multi-team ceremonies, value stream mapping, and agile training.
- Collaboratively develop effective problem statements with clients to capture root causes of business opportunities.
- Drive alignment on scope, work plan, and work schedule across multiple teams.
- Emphasize building strong consensus and collaborating to find legitimate paths forward.
- Work with teams to identify, manage and communicate dependencies that may impact timely project delivery.
- Assess project risk and implement risk mitigation plans in order to reduce negative impacts to business initiatives' delivery.
- Assess impacts of changes to project scope, cost or timelines. Facilitate impacted teams and stakeholder buy-in, and communicate resulting plan.
- Deliver outstanding client service focused on solving the right problem in the right way.
- Leverage past leadership experience to build strong, goal-oriented teams.
- Using a listen-first philosophy, quickly form trusted-adviser relationships with clients, including senior executives.
- Think strategically and facilitate goal-oriented working sessions to develop value-add solutions to client problems and opportunities.
- Maintain a self-starter mindset to proactively anticipate and address client needs.
- Lead delivery-oriented project teams using compelling communication tools and techniques that fit the culture of the client’s business.
Preferred/Required Skills and Experience:
- 4-10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in an Agile Project Management role
- Bachelor’s degree, M.B.A preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Agile certification from Scrum Alliance (CSM, CSPO), ICAgile, PMI ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework), LEAN or other Agile organizations
- Experience with Agile Lifecycle tools such as Version One, JIRA, or Rally
- Lives and applies Agile values and principles in daily activities, even when under pressure from competing priorities of customers/stakeholders
- Solid technical background with an ability to address accessibility and compatibility issues
- Ability to drive results and positively influence others towards a business objective regardless of reporting structure
- Motivated by an entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with the ambiguity that is often found within the start-up environment
We would love to talk to you if:
- You are constantly learning and expanding your breadth and depth of knowledge. You are interested in tackling unique challenges and you are motivated to improve your skills for personal and professional growth.
- You are comfortable leading efforts to create clarity of the unknown when you enter a situation that has limited structure.
- You display the knowledge and expertise to flourish in situations where others may look to you for guidance because they are unsure how to move forward.
- You do the right thing in all circumstances, even if it creates challenges in the short-term. You are someone who is trusted to make decisions and take actions that support the larger mission of the organization for which you work.
- You exhibit the ability to innately adjust your approach to the people you are interacting with and you understand the perception of your actions.
- You believe in yourself and your abilities but you recognize that you don’t have all the answers. You effectively listen and seek to understand others before offering solutions.
- You innately find value in creating partnerships to achieve objectives. You effectively engage with others to maximize your performance and the performance of those around you.
- You are potentially available to travel for consulting engagements to all the markets we serve.
The Gunter Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer.