GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Sales Director is an individual seller responsible for prospecting and closing sales in GumGum’s Market Leading Advertising platform. Reporting to the Group Sales Director, East Coast, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships in the allocated region to drive real value for our clients through GumGum products.
Sales Directors have a deep knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have more than 5 years of proven media sales experience. The Sales Director is a self motivated leader who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). Although there will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward, GumGum is only open to hiring candidates located in the greater New York area (CT, NJ, NY) to be available for in-person client entertainment.
What You'll Achieve
- Responsible for a book of business and driving revenue and new business in our East Coast region of at least 5M+ annually. This role is responsible to partner with significant NY Agencies and supporting large brands.
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting - Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide market insight into the in-image and in-video display vertical and generate sales specifically from key brands and agencies. Support sales of additional products such as Verity and provide market insights from clients
- Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Support of Group Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
Skills You'll Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Media or Marketing/Advertising field
- Ideally 5 years of selling experience in digital advertising sales (has to be sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Experience managing a large book of business (5M+)
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience a plus
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Uses Seller Crowd and checks the trades for updates on accounts
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems
- Outgoing and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
What We Offer
The total rewards package offered also includes an employer-matched 401(k) retirement plan, and depending on the role, participation in a bonus, commission, or stock incentive program. Your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process. Learn more about our U.S. benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum