GumGum is a contextual-first, global digital advertising platform that uses advanced AI technology to serve captivating creative ads that drive consumer attention, without the use of personal data. At GumGum, we don’t need to know who you are to deliver relevant and engaging ads that align with your active frame of mind. We believe that a digital advertising industry based on context rather than personal data builds a more equitable and less invasive future for the internet and is better for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Our blueprint for the future, The Mindset Matrix™, combines the power of context and creative in digital advertising to deliver superior attention and drive consumer action without sacrificing personal data.
To be a part of this next phase of digital advertising that prioritizes data privacy, please visit www.gumgum.com/careers
The Sales Manager role at GumGum places you at the forefront of GumGum's mission to evangelise both regional & international advertisers on the value of our industry leading advertising model. With a focus on AI-driven data-privacy centric solutions such as contextual & attention metrics as well as rich media ad formats, you will be pitching a high-performing tech stack that is perfectly positioned for todays market. This is an ideal opportunity for those yearning to add true value to their clients and play a key part in the transition away from our industries reliance on user data.
Reporting to the Digital Director, Netherlands, this role is responsible for leading and developing key relationships and strategy across key media agencies and advertisers in Netherlands. We expect the successful candidate to drive value for our clients through GumGum products & have extensive contacts across the industry. The Sales Manager is a self-motivated individual who can work with internal teams and are committed to achieving and exceeding sales goals while growing GumGum’s products in their allocated region.
- Own a significant media agency patch with an aim to further grow revenue & develop existing relationships.
- Gain a deep understanding of GumGum products, upsell & pitch to a range of media agencies & client direct advertisers.
- Provide deep market insights into contextual and rich media - showcasing the value of this mix to our clients and gain test opportunities with additional products.
- Effectively identify & prospect opportunities within "untapped" areas of both existing client business as well as the wider regional media landscape
- Entertain existing clients & potential prospects, attend key regional industry events - increase GumGum brand awareness.
- Support the Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities - contribute to wider sales team discussions related to new & innovative sales solutions
- Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately, provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Provide thorough and prompt feedback to internal product teams & on how to best service clients’ needs
- Work with designated Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations in a timely manner.
- 3 years+ experience in digital advertising sales
- Strong track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience with both Managed Service and Programmatic solutions.
- Relevant existing network of contacts
- Business-competent English language skills required. Preferably fluent in Dutch.
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and strategic relationship within media agencies
- Attention to detail and organisation in daily tasks
- Eager, motivated and passionate about GumGum’s products
- Proactive approach with a strategic mindset
- Flexible mindset with the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Highly motivated team player
What We Offer
- Learn about our benefits & perks package at gumgum.com/benefits. If you'd like additional information, your recruiter can share more specifics during the hiring process!
- BuiltIn #37 Best Places to Work 2023 across the United States
- BuiltinLA #7 Best Places to Work 2022
- BuiltinLA Best Places to Work 2021
- Ad Exchanger Programmatic Power Player 2022 and 2021
- Digiday Media Awards Europe finalist 2022 and 2021
GumGum is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. At GumGum, we believe in cultivating an environment where our team members can bring their authentic, whole selves to work. Encouraging identity and belonging is one of the many aspects of our culture that makes us stronger as an organization and drives innovation. We are committed to building and delivering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workforce that is representative of the world around us, where all individuals are treated with respect and dignity - and to act swiftly if this value is ever threatened. We are constantly striving to be better, and we continue to take strategic steps to advance representation. - Phil Schraeder, CEO
Learn more about our DEIB programming at gumgum.com/deib
Follow us on our socials...
Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum