GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology company that captures people’s attention, without the use of personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem based on understanding a consumer’s active frame of mind rather than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008, GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and operates in 19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
The Account Executive role is an individual contributor responsible for prospecting and growing existing business across the West territory reporting to the VP of Sales in Los Angeles. This role is responsible for developing key relationships across a number of agencies parenting closely with the VP, Sales overseeing the region. We require this role to work relatively autonomously while being supported by a cross-functional pre-sales team.
Account Executives have experience and knowledge of the online media landscape, the advertising community and have at least 2+ years of digital media experience. The Account Executive uses existing processes to solve a variety of challenging problems to deliver for clients. The role is required to apply independent judgment and discretion to select appropriate options from GumGum’s defined and proven products.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward. GumGum is only open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Drive revenue for West Coast Region (Los Angeles) -
- Responsible for a book of business, driving revenue and new business in LA and surrounding areas. This role is responsible for prospecting and growing existing agencies across a variety of accounts.
- Drive Sales from Marketing Channels
- Identify and qualify opportunities from marketing driven leads
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting
- Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including cold calling, presentations, RFP’s, and out of the box sales solutions
- Upsell Current Clients in Current and New Products
- Provide market insight into the display, video and Verity offerings by generating sales specifically from key brands and agencies.
- Relationship Development
- Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
- Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team
- Provide feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Internal Collaboration
- Work with Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree, Media or Marketing/Advertising field preferred
- At least 2 years of selling experience in digital advertising sales
- Experience managing a large book of business
- Must have strong selling experience and track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets demonstrated with a list of brand and agency contacts in addition to other assignments in the region
- Programmatic experience required
- Strategic relationships across multiple holding companies
- Proficient in SalesForce (is comfortable logging meetings, calls, pulling reports, etc.)
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills a must
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Quick at problem solving internally and externally while managing stakeholders through the process
- Fundamental understanding of business drivers (P/L, Operating Statement, COGS, Revenue, etc.)
- Applies analytical skills to interpret data and uses independent judgment and discretion in developing solutions to a variety of work problems
- Hungry, motivated, and passionate about our products and industry
- Extrovert who enjoys establishing and growing client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Sense of urgency strong enough to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Flexible and open-minded to adapt to change and innovation
- Strives to understand “big picture” and long-term vision
- Collaborative team player
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum