GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology company that captures people’s attention, without the use of personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem based on understanding a consumer’s active frame of mind rather than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008, GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and operates in 19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
The Ad Server development team is responsible for the technical operations of our Ad Server technology. The Ad Server software receives 30 million requests per minute and is a highly distributed java web service. This role works with product owners and the engineering team to deliver on priorities for the Advertising business division. Our team currently uses technologies such as Java, Spring, MySQL, Kafka, Dynamodb, ScyllaDb, Redis etc.
The role works with highly engaged internal customers to make a significant impact on a key revenue stream for the business. This role will maximize efficiency and scalability of our advertising server systems.
This role is remote and employees can be based anywhere in Mexico.
- Ad Server Technical Execution
- Design high volume, high traffic web services written in Java, orchestrated with Spring and using data from Scylla(Cassandra) and DynamoDB.
- Engage in technical architecture discussions, solve ambiguous problems, and execute on a solution with a team of engineers across ad server, data, and web engineering
- Come up with algorithms to optimize KPIs such as viewability, CTR, Revenue, costs etc.
- Improve performance of the Ad Server - reduce latency and reduce AWS cost
- Setup integrations with Supply and demand side partners
- Product Development and Project Management
- Collaborate with Product and internal stakeholders to identify, prioritize and develop new features and improvements for our products, as well as provide support for any stakeholder issues
- Work with other Engineering teams, ensuring requirements are considered and met for cross team projects
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a high volume transaction system > 100k transactions/second
- 2-5 years of experience as a developer with understanding of programming languages, preferably Java and Spring Framework
- A history of successfully shipping products into production
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with AWS and distributed systems such as Kafka, DynamoDb or equivalent
- Experience with RDBMS systems.
- An understanding of Real Time Bidding protocol RTB
- Experience with Git, Gradle, and CI/CD delivery pipelines
- Organized self-starter with proactive attitude
- Critical thinker, able to break down complex problems and work with ambiguity
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
We also provide a comprehensive benefits package.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum