GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology company that captures people’s attention, without the use of personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem based on understanding a consumer’s active frame of mind rather than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008, GumGum operates in 19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
The Senior Data Analyst will focus on data analytics and developing insights that guide product and partner strategy and key decisions for the overall business and Verity Platform. You will assist in enabling GumGum to increase revenue, improve operational efficiency and gain competitive advantages through leveraging GumGum’s unique data sets and technologies to drive actionable insights that help our teams and business reach full potential.
As a analytics thought leader, you will translate broad business problems into specific analytics projects, conduct deep quantitative analyses, create reports, visuals and data products that help deliver meaningful insight on contextual, brand safety and content trends. This is a highly collaborative role where you will work cross-functionally with product managers, software engineers, data scientists, financial analysts and senior leadership.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis. GumGum is open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OH, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and MN.
- Drive the creation and publication of customer-facing research into the contextual ad ecosystem.
- Leverage GumGum data to identify new trends and opportunities for brands, publishers and agencies to better understand and take action in the contextual landscape.
- Develop new and innovative market analysis, reports and content to support the sales, marketing and customer success teams.
- Deliver meaningful and actionable insights to customers to help guide their journey in activating contextual power strategies.
- Lead projects for various departments including Engineering, Publisher Development and Operations.
- Oversee and refine initiatives related to Publisher and Platform yield, Traffic Quality and Platform Performance.
- Communicate with executives and leadership to monitor key financial and platform health metrics and provide reporting and analysis to GumGums Finance and Executive teams.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of systems.
- Investigate and develop additional business opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years experience in data analytics performing hands-on analytics with large data sets
- Highly proficient data analysis skills with tools such as Python, SQL, Google Data Lab or other languages for data manipulation and analysis
- Proven experience with Business Intelligence, Dashboarding and Reporting tools such as Looker or Tableau and data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift or PostgreSQL
- Proven data storyteller and a passion for interpreting data into actionable insights
- Expertise in advanced business and ad metrics analytic techniques such as multivariate regression analysis, Bayesian shrinkage, predictive modeling, logistic regression, factor analysis, sales forecasting, response prediction, advertising effectiveness, market mix and ROI measurement, data visualization, simulation and optimization
- Skilled working with very large and disparate data sets and performing data extraction and manipulation
- Ability to distill problems and constraints from informal business requirements and find new solutions
- Ability to work across functions to create alignment and support for new initiatives
- Ability to thrive in a constantly changing, fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with strong written and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being agile in order to change direction as priorities move rapidly
Benefits & Perks
- Medical Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Vision Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Dental Coverage including 100% premium coverage for employee + spouse/family
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employer-Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Stock Incentive Program (role dependent)
- Paid Parental Leave - Birth parents can receive up to 16-18 weeks for birth recovery and baby bonding. Non-birth parents can receive up to 10 weeks for baby bonding
- Transitional Return-to-Work Schedule
- Modern Family Support: Cleo App
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal and Identity Theft Protection
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- WFH Stipend
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Flexible Time Off
- Veterinary Discounts
- WeWork Monthly Pass
- Pet friendly organization - We love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
- Anniversary recognition and awards
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum