GumGum is a contextual-first global advertising technology company that captures people’s attention, without the use of personal data. We believe that a digital advertising ecosystem based on understanding a consumer’s active frame of mind rather than behavior builds a more equitable and safer future for consumers, publishers and advertisers alike. Founded in 2008, GumGum is headquartered in Santa Monica, California and operates in 19 markets worldwide. For more information, visit gumgum.com.
Note: GumGum currently operates in a ‘work from home’ virtual environment with sporadic opportunities for in-person business and morale events (health guidelines permitting). There will not be any requirement to go into the office on a daily basis moving forward.
Revenue Driven Action
- Responsible for a significant media agency patch.
- Sales Prospecting and Hunting – This individual is expected to increase output from existing clients through developing relationships whilst also identifying new prospects. Actively engaging these opportunities and driving new revenue.
- Expectation to generate a high volume of sales related activity including presentations, RFP’s, and innovative sales solutions
- Upsell current clients in current and new products - Provide deep market insights into contextual and rich media. Showcasing the value of this mix to our clients and gaining test opportunities with additional products including rich media, contextual data or video.
- Cultivate relationships with brands, agency contacts and clients to gain deep insight into their business and ultimately provide GumGum solutions for their marketing and advertising goals.
Translate Client Insight to internal Product Team
- Provide thorough and prompt feedback to the company on how to best service clients’ needs
- Work with designated Account Manager and other internal teams to ensure sold proposals are successfully implemented and aligned with client expectations in a timely manner.
- Support the Sales Director in developing, managing and executing strategic sales opportunities
- 3 years of solid selling experience in digital advertising sales (required sales in our specific industry whether publisher or tech sales)
- Must have strong selling experience and a track record of hitting or exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in both Managed Service and Programmatic solutions.
- Strong reputation across the industry and an amazing list of contacts.
- PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
- Must possess superb written and verbal communication skills
- Strong and strategic relationship within media agencies
- Attention to detail and organization in daily tasks
- Fluent in German and English
- Looking for someone who is eager, motivated and passionate about GumGum’s products
- Extraverted in nature and can build and maintain/grow client relationships at all levels (entertaining is required)
- Proactive not reactive in approach with a strategic mindset
- Flexible and have the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands or strategies
- Is open and welcoming of change and innovation
- Continue to grow and embrace both GumGum and industry knowledge
- Must be a highly motivated team player
- Pet friendly organization - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Virtual company events and (optional) in-person celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Follow us on our socials...
Our Instagram: @gumgum & @dogsofgumgum
Follow us on LinkedIn: gumgum
Tweet us: @gumgum
Stay connected on Facebook: gumgum