GumGum is a global technology and media company specializing in contextual intelligence. For over a decade, we have applied our proven machine learning expertise to extract value from digital content for the advertising industry. The company’s contextual advertising engine, Verity™, comprehends the meaning of text, images and video online, allowing marketers to safely and precisely place ads where people are most engaged. Combining that contextual targeting and brand safety intelligence with proprietary high-impact ad formats, GumGum’s advertising solutions deliver industry leading efficiency, accuracy and performance.
The Director, Verity Publisher Solutions is focused on creating new opportunities for the Verity platform business with Publishers. They will be a key strategic partner to publishers in educating them on contextual advertising technologies, new revenue opportunities for their sales teams, and the benefits of brand safety. The role will drive new business by enabling publishers on the Verity platform.
This role will own the end to end sales process for publishers for the Verity platform. The role will work with marketing, SDRs, product, legal, customer success and the head of Verity to streamline the sales and onboarding process for new publishers. This role will play a key role in refining the go-to-market strategy for Verity focused on the publisher market; including developing target accounts, solution packages, and measurement frameworks for publisher ROI.
- Lead, negotiate and execute new sales opportunities for Verity with publishers.
- In partnership with marketing and the SDR team, develop a pipeline to support quota and goals for the Verity publisher business.
- Partner with the GumGum Sales and Publisher Partnerships team to develop new leads and opportunities for the Verity business.
- Drive distribution of the Verity platform with target publishers.
- Collect market data from publisher prospects and clients for Verity and work in partnership with the product team to further align the product with market needs.
- Work closely with the Customer Success team to educate them on the publisher’s needs and goals to ensure a smooth transition from Sales to Customer Success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or similar
- 7+ years of work experience in selling data driven or SaaS solutions to publishers with a deep understanding of digital marketing.
- Intermediate experience leading and negotiating SaaS products.
- Advanced understanding of digital products & publisher approaches to monetization
- Demonstrated ability to understand publisher requirements and develop solutions to support their needs
- Ability to develop, negotiate and close SaaS contracts
- Ability to develop compelling pitch documents and present confidently to prospects
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Ability to actively listen to client feedback & translate into product optimization
- Can work with a high degree of autonomy and ambiguity
- Leads and adjusts through changing work environment
- Able to be flexible to publisher demands while still meeting commercial outcomes for GumGum
- Generates innovative solutions and ideas to creatively execute with publishers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM Systems
- Ability to create and articulate technology driven solutions to publisher teams
- Growth mind-set and focus on execution
- Comfortable with an unstructured role that requires frequent changes in prioritization of time and focus, in a fast-paced environment
- Ownership mentality and proven ability to get things done without dedicated resources or oversight
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive health, vision and dental benefits
- Healthcare including 100% coverage for Employee + Spouse/family
- Dependent care FSA
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- Stock incentive program (role dependent)
- Paid parental leave
- Goodly - student loan contribution plan
- WFH monthly stipend
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Fitness reimbursement and wellness workshops
- Discounted Pet Health Program
- Flexible time off and work schedule
- Dog-friendly HQ office - we love our fur babies! Check us out on Instagram @dogsofgumgum
- Incredible work/life balance with a collaborative and friendly work space
- A team that has transitioned to remote work impressively, and remains highly collaborative and connected
- GumGum Gives Back volunteering opportunities
- Team building lunches and events, and monthly company celebrations
- Virtual monthly team bonding events
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The Voice Coalition- Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
Return to office: Our big vision for our futuristic “Farmhouses” in 2022!
- Offices will now be referred to as the “GumGum Farmhouse” -- a futuristic space centered around a bigger purpose: flexibility, sustainability, community, and growth!
- GumGum will continue to be a flexible/remote-friendly environment, however, offices will re-open in 2022 for any employees who choose to come in to collaborate, participate in an event, host your clients, contribute to our growing of plants/herbs/vegetables/etc.
Thoughtful…We listen to understand different perspectives, show everyone respect, and relentlessly seek solutions for our clients (internal and external)
Agility…We are quick, nimble, and change direction gracefully, while maintaining control.
Grit…We bring energy and perseverance to everything we do.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed.
Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum