The Programmatic Solutions Manager is a key member of our Japan Team and supports the growth of our relationships with clients, agency trading desks and DSPs. The Programmatic Solutions Manager has a deep understanding of programmatic advertising; specifically understanding the organizational makeup of an Agency Trading Desk, and uses that knowledge to evangelize the benefits of programmatic advertising to clients while also educating internal teams.
This role works primarily to support our sales team in growing our relationships with high level contacts, securing programmatic spend and act as a programmatic specialist for the various accounts in the Japan region. The Programmatic team is based out of Headquarters in Santa Monica, California and this position will be working closely with the leads who oversee all of our partnerships and operations globally. This role will be responsible for communicating important updates, changes, and learnings of GumGum programmatic to the Japan team. We will also look for this position to establish a closer relationship with our Japanese domestic DSP partners as well as local branches of our global DSP partners.
- Support Sales team to grow Programmatic Business
- Work closely with the internal sales and support teams to help secure and support programmatic buys as the GumGum programmatic expert for the Japan region.
- Accompany sales team on client meetings and be looped in written communications with clients to provide clarity around our technology, DSP setup, campaign troubleshooting, optimization and overall best practices.
- Grow Programmatic Spend
- Help to secure senior level meetings within the agency trading desks and DSPs to grow GumGum’s programmatic presence within their marketplace.
- Programmatic Expert for Japan Accounts
- Drive the technical setup for clients and agencies to allow them to execute campaigns and manage advertising spend
- Work as the liaison between the buyer (GumGum’s Client) and DSP to activate and measure successful campaigns, while troubleshooting any issues that may arise on either side.
- Provide campaign reporting metrics for both internal teams and clients as necessary
- Act as an expert by staying relevant on the comprehensive GumGum programmatic offering as well as maintaining an expert knowledge of the DSP Platforms that GumGum integrates with. Use this knowledge to support and educate clients and internal teams as necessary.
- Own the region’s programmatic reporting from daily pacing and performance updates to quarterly and annual reviews of the region
- Monitor individual campaign performance and actively provide feedback to both internal and external teams that will optimize performance and ensure full delivery
- Degree in Marketing, Advertising or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working for an agency trading desk in programmatic OR Demand Side Platform
- Minimum 2-3 years experience operating Demand Side Platform User Interfaces
- Expert level understanding of Deal IDs, Real Time Bidding, and other programmatic industry processes
- Extensive experience setting up online advertising campaigns within multiple DSPs from start to finish - deal creation, creative upload, campaign optimizations, etc.
- An understanding of the agency model from the holding company to the agency trading desk.
- Exceptional organizational, relationship-building, and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office and G-suite skills (Word/ Excel/ Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with online advertising terms, concepts and business models.
- Native level Japanese and business level English
- Proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and campaigns in a timely manner
- A professional network across the programmatic industry including at agency trading desks
- Detail orientated
- Looks forward to speaking in and with large groups about the programmatic space and the Adtech industry, both internally and with clients
- An analytical mindset and logical approach to problem-solving based on drawing insights from data
Career & Development Focus
- Ongoing learning and development for education opportunities such as webinars, books, classes, relevant conferences and events
- Opportunities to pursue business related side projects and yearly Hackathon
- Highly encouraged to contribute to open source software, including our own open source software
- Environment of learning from peers, including meetups, presentations and blog posts
- Anniversary recognition and awards
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Life Skills sessions - geared towards the whole life/ health / person
- Leadership Bites Dinner Series - connecting current and future GumGum leaders over great food and meaningful conversation
- The VOICE Coalition - Through our council committee, The VOICE Coalition’s mission is to build an equitable, supportive, and inclusive culture where all voices are heard and all differences are celebrated through thoughtful, engaging, and authentic programming and community involvement. We’ve created awareness and appreciation for our employees through Hispanic Heritage month, Women of GumGum, Asian Pacific American, GG Pride, etc.
We invite you to learn more about GumGum!
GumGum is an AI company with expertise in computer vision built on the imagination of its people. Each day, our talented team of thinkers and doers comes together to solve hard problems on behalf of the world’s most successful businesses. Through a combination of computer science, creativity and hustle, we’ve produced a series of major technology breakthroughs across a variety of industries - from advertising to sports.
GumGum is constantly evolving to be at the forefront of computer vision and machine learning advancements. With nearly 10 years experience, we use our proprietary image recognition technology to deliver highly engaging, contextually relevant ad experiences across premium publishers all over the world.
Our Products & Services...
Our Advertising business serves contextual marketing messages in line with content users are actively engaged with.
Verity, GumGum's contextual analysis tool, combines natural language processing with computer vision technology to execute a multi-layered reading process by parsing the body text, headlines, image captions with natural language processing; at the same time, using computer vision to parse the main visuals.
Our Sports business helps marketers and rights holders understand the full media value of their sponsorship investments across broadcast and social media. And we deliver on brand safety by leveraging our AI to detect unsafe text and imagery, allowing us to deliver ads in brand safe, contextually relevant environments.
What’s a Hackathon? We’re glad you asked. Our employees split into teams and spend 48 hours ‘hacking’ together before presenting their ideas to our executive team. It’s a chance for anyone within our company to showcase the visions they want to bring to fruition.
GumGum recently earned LA’s Best Places to Work Award in 2021 by BuiltInLA, and Inc. Magazine’s Best Places to Work in 2020 and it’s no surprise why. With company-sponsored social hours, annual holiday celebrations and on-site gatherings, GumGummers enjoy a fun, creative and collaborative workplace. We provide ourselves on our strong track record of giving employees the autonomy and support they need to succeed. Check us out on Instagram: @gumgum
Oh, and doggies...
We love our dogs so much, we even have an Instagram dedicated to them! Follow us: @dogsofgumgum