This role is integral to Guinness World Records for maintaining record integrity and prestige. The Records Executive will be responsible for decisions on record attempts and record proposals in Latin America. This includes but is not limited to: reviewing record title proposals, opening and approving new titles by conducting thorough research accordingly, to create and design record attempts that suit the needs of our company, to write or review the official guidelines for record attempts, to communicate with record applicants, and to evaluate evidence to support record claims.
The Records Executive is also the record applicants’ first point of contact with Guinness World Records and is expected to deliver the highest standards of customer care.
The role includes communicating with record attempters and ensuring record guidelines are met when evaluating record attempts as well as occasionally, travelling to record attempts to act as an official Adjudicator.
They must also be in daily contact with other GWR departments in GWR Latin America to contribute to the creation of record categories or attempts and content.
- Research and create new record categories; write suitable guidelines for official attempts
- Review evidence for record claims, upholding the GWR standards to maintain fair competition
- Update existing guidelines to reflect changes of policies in record areas
- Respond to around 7,500 general e-mail/web inquiries a year
- Be meticulous and with attention to detail
- Make appropriate decisions to process expedited record inquiries in the specified time frame of our services
- Provide creative brainstorming/research to assist with new record category proposals
- Consult with PR/Marketing about upcoming records to determine their potential media interest
- Communicate to TV/PR/EDITORIAL with valuable record related content for usage
- Field potential licensees by directing to the correct contact
- Travel to around 10 record events per year- mostly to Latin America representing our brand in the region.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years in a professional work environment
- Preferably with experience in creative agencies and/or research roles
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Enthusiastic with a passion for the Guinness World Records brand
- Excellent communication skills both in English and Spanish/Portuguese. Language skills will be utilized both in a team environment, interpersonally, as well as for public speeches and written documents
- Knowledge of a third language would be a plus
- Strongly deadlines-orientated
- Cultural and international sensitivity
- Computer literacy. Experience working with internal databases, forms and content management systems is desired
- Experience in customer service with both the general public and business to business
- Ability to work effectively in a team and with other departments
- Ability to prioritize and manage personal time
- Able to travel internationally independently and with very short notice
- Project Management skills