Working for one of the world’s most fun and recognized brands, the Project Manager will help manage and grow Guinness World Records (GWR) events for clients incorporating live record breaking. This highly visible and collaborative role will play a leading part in our client experience and growth strategy while project managing complex record attempts and events throughout the Americas.
The Project Manager will work closely with cross-functional teams to develop and deliver unique and impactful record-breaking events for our clients which range from large brands and corporations to small non-profits. The role requires a highly organized, proactive and communicative individual with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve under rapidly changing circumstances.
While the key function of this role is project management, the secondary function is event management or consultancy to assist clients with the logistics of executing a successful record event.
- Create and manage scope of work for projects relating to record attempts at live events.
- Oversee the delivery of the client’s brief from proposal/contract stage to post event.
- Plan and manage timelines and budgets for complex record events and projects.
- Enlist internal/external resource as necessary and manage deliverables.
- Collaborate with our records and commercial teams to brainstorm, customize and choose record concepts that fit the client’s goals.
- Manage record ideas and make recommendations based on client’s brief and resources.
- Support other department projects which have operational cross-over. (i.e. organizing plans for internal teams attending a trade conference).
- Create an event plan (or consult on plan) that meets the goals and objectives of the client.
- Plan and implement timeline and budget.
- Hire, train, and educate freelance staff on proper event procedures and record guidelines.
- Ensure that health, safety and insurance regulations are followed.
- Create risk assessments for live events.
- Attend and manage GWR record breaking events – including set-up, operation and pack down.
- Oversee the approval process for use of GWR brand in design and use of event collateral.
- Ensure GWR record rules and processes are followed for all events.
- Build/maintain strong relationship with clients throughout the life cycle of a project and beyond.
- Join account managers in client meetings and calls to assist with selling our event services.
- Recommend GWR products and services based on client’s brief and budget.
- Review contracts and operational process for client deals.
- Nurture relationships with partners, suppliers and event agencies to increase return business.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5-8 years project management experience with emphasis on events.
- Experience working at or with experiential agencies preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working independently and proactively.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- A talent for understanding client needs and providing appropriate and creative solutions.
- Can-do attitude, creative thinker and a passion for the Guinness World Records brand.
- Experience handling challenging customers while maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Flexible to adapt to frequent changes and unexpected circumstances.
- Ability to prioritize and manage both long term and last-minute projects.
- Willingness to work out-of-office hours and occasional weekends around event schedules.
- Previous people management experience is a plus, but not required.
- Multi-lingual a plus, but not required.
- Some travel required (mostly domestic).