At Guinness World Records, we believe that everyone is amazing at something, and that extends to organizations, too. The Account Manager plays a key role in attaining and supporting clients who are seeking to drive earned media, boost social engagement, engage communities and increase their sales by creating unique PR and Advertising campaigns featuring Guinness World Records attempts.
This role will be responsible for understanding our customers’ needs, providing customized creative solutions and exceptional service while selling our suite of B2B marketing services and products to organizations of all types and sizes – from Fortune 500 companies, to non-profits and universities, to leading PR and ad agencies.
As part of our Commercial Account Services team, the Account Manager will help provide four primary services to clients:
- Account management – working closely with the client from lead prospect phase to ideation, through contract negotiation to build/recommend a campaign centered around record breaking.
- Creative consultancy – collaborating with our records and marketing teams to brainstorm, customize and choose record concepts that fit the client’s goals.
- Adjudication – coordinating the official verdict of the record attempt through one of our media and record trained judges (Adjudicators)
- Brand licensing – managing the use of the Guinness World Records (GWR) name and logos as the ultimate stamp of authority in client’s PR and advertising campaigns.
- Respond to and manage inbound lead requests received through our website and referrals.
- Conduct regular, timely and effective follow-up with prospects and clients including phone calls, emails and in-person meetings.
- Build and nurture return business using relationship management skills.
- Manage proposals and negotiations to increase lead conversion rates and increase deal value.
- Guide clients through our unique record-breaking process, including applications and approvals.
- Proactively seek new leads and clients via personal network, targeted outreach and events.
- Work closely with the marketing & PR team to help build awareness for B2B services.
- Initiate and lead capabilities presentations to brands and agencies in NYC area.
- Achieve team and individual revenue targets.
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 4-6 years sales and/or account management experience, preferably in B2B.
- Experience working at or selling to agencies preferred.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4-6 years of sales and/or agency account management experience, particularly with North American-based companies.
- Outgoing, articulate and confident in speaking in front of various audiences in multiple environments, including on phone calls, in-person pitches, and other presentations.
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- A consultative seller, careful listener and strong negotiator.
- A talent for understanding client needs and providing appropriate and creative solutions.
- Willingness and experience reaching out to professional connections or previously untapped prospects via LinkedIn and other forms of communication.
- Organized with the ability to manage a large client roster and multiple projects simultaneously.
- Can-do attitude, creative thinker and a passion for the Guinness World Records brand.
- Experience handling challenging customers while maintaining cultural sensitivity.
- Prior CRM experience, Salesforce and Pardot strongly preferred, but not required.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including excellent PowerPoint skills.