This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 22 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring for a Senior Software Engineer to work with a high performing team to innovate and build software that helps students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services. You will collaborate with the most talented and creative engineers, product managers, and designers to build products that are intuitive, easy to use, and provide a frictionless experience for our users. Moreover, you’ll use your passion for writing clean, well-tested, and reusable code to build high quality software that will scale efficiently with our continued business growth.
This role is great for you if are excited about making a difference with technology by building solutions that connect students, employers, and universities to deliver education at an affordable price, ultimately changing the landscape for how we think about delivering education products to learners across the country.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Leading a team of engineers building high quality software products for our employers, education partners, and students – architect and design well-tested software from the ground up
- Proactively engaging with the team whether gathering requirements, choosing technology, deploying a solution in production, or participating in day-to-day activities via our agile sprints, daily standups, planning, and retros
- Mentoring other engineers on our team – we’ll succeed, learn, and grow together, and sharing your expertise while collaboratively solving complex problems or pair programming
- Working closely with our product team to ensure that project plans, stories, and estimates are accurate and ensure that features delivered meet requirements and are delivered on-time
- Continuing to build new features and maintain existing Guild software programs, often integrating multiple internal systems and third party APIs in the process
- Writing simple, clean, and maintainable code
- Collaborating with engineers, product managers, and designers including Stafford, Travis and Madeline
In this role, you’ll expand your expertise by:
- Designing new software products, learning new technologies, participating in code reviews and engineering sharing with other developers
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Product, Design, Client Success, and Student Services teams)
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Deploying high quality, well-tested code and features on a regular basis
- Fully integrating and helping to improve our agile development software process
- Thriving in fast-paced and scaling environment
- Making an impact with our students by building tools and features that enable users to take advantage of our education benefits and easily enroll in programs
- Partnering cross-functionally to build products that help students take advantage of Guild’s affordable education programs and coaching services
You’ll join a team:
- With various backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to mental health professionals, to consultants (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience building new products, unit and integration testing, and doing continuous integration and deployment (CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with data structures and databases (PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis) and modern source control (Github)
- Passion for higher education and our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly learning the landscape and effectively adapting your expertise
- A demonstrated curiosity and interest in keeping up and experimenting with new technologies – you enjoy technical reading and want to share engineering best practices
- Experience in fast-growth, venture backed startups
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.