For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring a Team Engagement Director for the 350+ person Student Services department. This role will be a critical partner to the SVP of Student Services in building systems, processes, and culture within the team to support its growth and student impact.
This role will be highly collaborative, and will use experience in human capital/human resources to build and lead a small team that will shape the future culture of the Student Services department, as well as its structure and talent management strategies, in collaboration with the leaders of the individual teams.
As Team Engagement Director you will:
- Enhance, drive and support the cultural infrastructure of the 350+ person Student Services department
- Collaborate with the HRBP, L&OD, and DEI teams to ensure that cultural sensitivity is embedded in our trainings, practices, systems and culture
- Develop a change management philosophy and strategy that allow the teams to effectively and equitably roll out major changes (and incorporate the voice of our employees)
- Create, refine and systematize team norms and operating principles that promote equity and inclusion for the department in coordination with the operating teams
- Develop an employee engagement vision and strategy to enable a thriving remote culture (e.g., community building, offsites and special events)
- Develop and implement a talent management strategy (e.g., recruiting, performance management, professional development) for each of the teams, as well as an overall strategy for the department
- Build systems alongside the recruiting and operating teams that enable a primarily remote workforce, and maintain a high bar for the diversity of profiles and talent that we recruit and hire
- Collaborate with department leadership to clarify roles, responsibilities and expectations across teams
- Partner with the Training/QA, L&OD, and operating teams to ensure that the teams’ knowledge and capabilities promote equity and enable high performance
- Develop and facilitate feedback channels to maintain a pulse on the status of the team, and work with the operating team leadership to generate and implement improvements
- Partner with department leadership to ensure that the operations of the department enable and empower the culture, experience and impact that we want to achieve
- Manage and facilitate the cadence, structure and content of both department leadership and large team meetings to build community within our teams and incorporate the voice of our employees
- Create and implement an effective communications structure for the department and individual teams to disseminate the right information at the right times and in the right ways to our employees
- Influence cross-functional practices, behaviors and communications that impact the culture and development of the department
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years of leadership experience in employee engagement, events, community, people programs, or similar
- Experience building and working within a diverse and equitable employee population
- Strong knowledge of people development recruitment and culture building
- Effective cross-functional collaboration and influence capability
- Strong operational and organizational skills to keep the team grounded and on track
- Ability to use data (both quantitative and qualitative) to deliver insights and build strategy
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Direct experience leading DE&I efforts across large teams
- Experience developing a primarily remote workforce
- Experience building a team from the ground up
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $140,000 - $173,750, variable comp eligibility, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.