For other positions, some roles may be based outside of our Denver office (as stated in the Job Title). Roles based outside of our Denver office can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Senior Director, Client Marketing. In this role you’ll play a central role in Guild’s mission to provide access to education and unlock career opportunities. You will develop and be responsible for strong senior-level connections with current and future Fortune 1000 employers (Guild clients). You and your team will work strategically to build awareness and drive adoption of education benefit programs within employers through a marketing mix of channels, content, and audience-specific insights. You will collaborate with clients to launch programs and in so doing will achieve specific-employer education benefit budgets and program objectives. You will be responsible for monitoring ongoing employer education budget achievement and coordinating to throttle marketing channels as needed.
As a Senior Director, Client Marketing you will:
- Lead Marketing Engagements. Operate as the client marketing leader across several employer accounts ( up to 6-12 account oversight) to deliver employee education enrollment goals and overall engagement
- Build Client Trust. Build and maintain trusted, positive relationships with senior leaders at client organizations to help influence positive outcomes spanning corporate communications, marketing, and within HR / people operations
- Collaborate within Guild. Collaborate with Guild Client Services, Solution Design, Student Services and other cross-functional teams to evolve client’s marketing strategy, content and channels
- Lead Your Team. Inspire and lead a team of client marketers (managers and associates) providing standard methodologies to achieve client results, as well as mentorship and career growth
- Deploy Guild Marketing Plans. Strategically provide guidance to your team to tailor templated, best-practice client marketing plans spanning audience insights, messaging assets, communication channels, and analytics
- Direct Campaigns & Messaging. Understand the employer’s brand voice and employee populations to oversee campaigns and messaging to customize the experience for eligible employee populations
- Oversee Multi-channel Marketing. Supervising multi-channel marketing (within client and Guild controlled communication channels - email, text, direct mail, social, search, video, website, field, onsite among others) to help drive adoption of the education benefit within the employee base
- Innovate, Evolve & Improve Best Practices. Be responsible for innovating, evolving and continuously improving upon best practice marketing frameworks, plans, processes, channels, messaging, and assets
- Achieve Ongoing Outcomes. Use performance reports to proactively monitor and coordinate across the broader consumer marketing team the throttling of marketing campaigns throughout the client relationship to achieve enrollment goals and budgets
- Improve Campaign Performance. Assess and optimize marketing campaigns applying benchmarks and analytics to identify improvements to messaging, channel mix, and employee insights
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 10+ years marketing experience, 7+ years client-facing experience (agency /consultancy background) in-house marketing is also relevant with a strong client-facing disposition; minimum of 7 years in people management role
- Exceptional client-facing skills and ability to build productive, influential, and trusting relationships with senior-level clients
- Excellent and persuasive communication, writing, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- Strong executive presence with inspiring people leadership and management skills and a desire to coach and mentor colleagues and direct reports
- Consistent record of success overseeing marketing across a wide range of marketing channels (email, direct mail, social, events, video, display, web etc) and applying relevant messaging / content
- Ability to guide campaign results and execution via project management and tracking frameworks to empower cross-functional work
- Strong sense of results ownership while working in a fast-paced and constantly evolving late-stage private company
- High attention to detail, keeping track of both high-level progress and small details of marketing plans
- Data-driven orientation, and confidence using marketing analytics to guide and drive decisions.
- Strong points of view grounded in experience, data, and your own perspective - an interest in always learning & being open-minded.
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $180,000-$225,000and variable compensation eligibility as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. As of February 1, 2022, we will be expanding our in-person vaccination requirement to include booster shots. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.